All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 6-8 Science Fair Projects > Food Science (Grades 6-8)
User Name
Password

Old 08-31-2006, 07:39 AM

g0d002 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default diet coke & mints

I'm in 8th grade and Im doin a project of witch mint reacts the most with diet coke. the mints im using are Altoids Original, Altoids Citrus sour, Altoids Apple sours, Altoids tangerine sours, Altoids cinnamon, Icebreakers Spearmint, Icebreakers Mint, Icebreakers Sour, and Mentos. I have no clue were to start and my teacher says I need to find out wat chemicals are reacting to each other. Can some 1 please help me?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:17 PM

starrygirl680 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Lightbulb Hint

hey im in the sixth grade and all but if u copy and paste this website it mite help with the chemical reaction part u dont understand [url]http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/consumer/faq/mentos.shtml[/url]
well bye
Old 10-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Mentor/Forum Moderator

RaZoR is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via AIM to RaZoR

Ummm.... Did I give you the idea to do this project?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:24 PM

starrygirl680 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

um kinda i dont no yet if i want to do this idea but i looked it up on ask.com and it gave me tht link.but im not sure.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 AM

Kindms is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Okay I may be able to help

Okay first of all, you picked a very good project to do. I am also in 8th grade and live on and Island off the coast of Japan. I had the same problem but I asked my teacher and she said "Start with a hypothesis" so which of those mints do you think will make the best reaction. After that you should test your hypothesis. I would try each mint 3 times so you get the best result. Measure how high the cascade went and write it down. Then write a summary...like " I did this first...and....This is what happened" Try writing a parragraph for each of your results. Then I would ask my teacher to review it.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:09 PM

mathgeek101 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Talking diet coke and mints

i'm thinking about doing the same project but using mentos (mint) and mentos gum. i'm wondering though if my teacher will say its too elementary.... i think it sounds fun!:D
Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 AM

Westcash is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0d002 View Post
I'm in 8th grade and Im doin a project of witch mint reacts the most with diet coke. the mints im using are Altoids Original, Altoids Citrus sour, Altoids Apple sours, Altoids tangerine sours, Altoids cinnamon, Icebreakers Spearmint, Icebreakers Mint, Icebreakers Sour, and Mentos. I have no clue were to start and my teacher says I need to find out wat chemicals are reacting to each other. Can some 1 please help me?
start with a comparison any type and when you get a comparison you can start your project(doing similar project) find the nutrition facts for the coke and the mints
Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Regular Contributor

surfergirl is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Question

Hey! i am im 8th grade too and i wanted to do the coke and mentos thing too but somebody already took that topic, so do any of you guys have any ideas that are similar to the coke and mentos thing?? you can post it on this thread or private message me if u want.

Thanks!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:11 AM

ohheyjena is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default diet coke and mints

hey im in 7th grade and im doing the diet coke and mints project too and like i dont know how to start either :/
so if someone coulld please help me.

but like my teacher said im like a little 5 year old haha.
i think this sounds fun to do haha.