All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Food Science (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 03-22-2006, 12:15 PM

qtpie12 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Exclamation Can students taste the difference in organic and non-organic foods?

I was wondering if anyone had any info on this type of project and if so can they post it so I can use it for my research paper. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman
Lightbulb

Why not do an experiment? you could have and organic product and a non-organic product, and get your family or friends to taste them, blindfolded, and see if they can tell which is which. and then, if you want bonus marks onn your paper, you can draw conclusions from what happened depending on age and/or gender! E.g, maybe you dad couldn't taste the diference, but your younger sister could, because...

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

I would predict that it'll be hard to perform an experiment on this. A research paper is definitely easier. Be sure to check into the pros and cons of organic foods, and relation to the markets, economy (but in small detail compared to the scentific aspect of the paper). Main link should be in the environment, and less about whether or not taste is affected. Taste can be more of a minor point, since I think it's not whether or not organic foods taste better but are more healthier than inorganic foods.

Good luck!

(Remember bibliography! You need GOOD sources-edu sites, no .com sites, as little internet sources as possible, BOOKS, use Jstor and Ebsco if possible, NY times articles...etc)
Old 03-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Regular Contributor

whocares is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via Yahoo to whocares
Default yep

The way I see it you could do an experiment of having people trying to guess which one is which or a reasearch paper on the topic.

Welcome to the Soldier Side
Where there's no one here but me
People all grow up to die
There is no one here but me