All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade K - 5 Science Fair Projects > Biology (Grades K-5)
User Name
Password

Old 02-26-2006, 04:03 PM

echols is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Heart Beat

Need help for a science project --Comparing the heartbeat between a baby and a child. Cannot think of a model to go with the science project. PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team B)

icedragon is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via Yahoo to icedragon
Wink I'll help

First off if u have a young relative then try to check their heart rate compeared to yours.And see the diffrence between yours and theirs.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Expert Contributor

Grinner is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to Grinner
Exclamation Question For You!

I have one question for you so i can be able to provide you with information
What is your skill level/grade.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2006, 10:10 AM

psdennis is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default What makes the Heart beat

Help..............

My 4th grader has decided to do his project on "What makes the Heart beat" I have researched the information but am at a loss for showing how the heart beats. Are their any models that could show this or am I better off drawing pictures to this affect.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdennis
Help..............

My 4th grader has decided to do his project on "What makes the Heart beat" I have researched the information but am at a loss for showing how the heart beats. Are their any models that could show this or am I better off drawing pictures to this affect.

Um... How the heart beats? You mean how the brain sends signals for the heart, the sinaatrial node, the perkinje bundles, the AV node, etc? I would first have your fourth grader understand the flow of the blood through the pulmonary and somatic systems. Explain to him the direction of the blood flow and what it does. First get it into him that it is to release CO2 and get O2.

A diagram's on this site. [url]http://www.nda.ox.ac.uk/wfsa/html/u03/u03_011.htm[/url] This is how specific your diagram needs to be for him to understand how the heart works. If you print this out, it'll be good for him. So let him make arrows on how the blood flows. Red for oxygenated blood, blue for deoxygenated blood. Then let him use another marker, let's say black, to label the pathway of the chemical signal, first from the AV node to the Bundle of His, Perkinje bundles, etc.

Good luck!