All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 6-8 Science Fair Projects > Miscellaneous Projects (Grades 6-8)
User Name
Password

Old 02-12-2006, 12:34 PM

Jenna Bug is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Build a Compound Machine using all 6 simple machines

I have to build a compound machine using all 6 simple machines and have it turned in by this Thursday. Need some ideas of what to build and materials to use. The more times i use each simple machine the higher my grade. If i only use them one time each the most i can make is a 70. I need a good grade. Please help.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:44 PM

105hottie105 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Lightbulb Help!!!!! I Need Ideas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna Bug
I have to build a compound machine using all 6 simple machines and have it turned in by this Thursday. Need some ideas of what to build and materials to use. The more times i use each simple machine the higher my grade. If i only use them one time each the most i can make is a 70. I need a good grade. Please help.

Serriouslyy!!!!!!!! i need heellpp!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna Bug
Okay, you have very little time, right?

So first of all, you should understand the function of each simple machine and how it manipulates work. Machines don't make work disappear. Actually, they just change the way work is done. First of all, I would suggest you to do some research about the different machines, like pulleys, levers, ramps, and I bet there are lots more. Look around the house, grab some tools, choose a random simple thing to do, and start building. It's like rolling a stone down the hill; once it's started, everything'll be easier. Good luck!