All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade K - 5 Science Fair Projects > Miscellaneous Projects (Grades K-5)
User Name
Password

Old 11-08-2005, 12:28 PM

roaritsleslie is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default music. =]

hellooo. =] my name is leslie & i'm in 8th grade.
we have a science project due pretty soon and i don't know exactly what i'm going to do.
i'd like to do something having to do with music.
i play the durms, keyboard, guitar, and flute. [i have each instrument]
but i'm not quite sure what to do with them.
please & thank you! =]
Old 11-08-2005, 12:37 PM

TheseHappyDaysRUrsandMIne is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Hi Leslie!!!!!!!!

Hello Leslie!!!! Yay!!!! Look what Ive got......

How many times does the average person have to listen to a song before they learn it? Test with a number of different people. Submitted by Shonti W.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does music affect a person's mood? Submitted by Tasha

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does watching a music video have a greater effect on heart rate than just listening to the same piece of music? Submitted by greenday-girl

Is the change in heart rate while listening to music different for females and males? Submitted by destinyT.

Does music change your ideas on world peace? Try this with different kinds of music. Submitted by spasm

Does a certain style of music affect the way you work? Time yourself to see how long if takes to finish a worksheet or a book while listening to various types of music. Submitted by Sierra M.

How does temperature affect the sound of musical instruments? Submitted by LMMS Period 2

How does music pitch and tone affect the concentration of students with learning disabilities? Submitted by LMMS Period 2

What is the effect of music on plant growth? Submitted by Ronica

Pick two or more different kinds of music, such as Ska and Punk. Print out an IQ test twice and test how long it takes you to do it after listening to each kind of music. Also record the grade that you get on it each time. Submitted by Skamanman

Do different types of music affect a person's short and long term memory? Submitted by Hot Chocolate

Does listening to different kinds of music affect your heart rate? Take a resting pulse, then take it again while listening to rap, classical, jazz, or whatever else. Submitted by Alison R.

How does music affect your heartbeat? Submitted by Kel

How does the music you listen to before you go to bed affect your dreams? Submitted by Marie

Will listening to Mozart help you get a better grade on a test? Submitted by Mickey M.

Does music affect the rate at which a person does a puzzle? Submitted by KK

Does music (rap, classic, pop) affect how one works? Give your test subject a puzzle and time to see how long it takes to do when listening to each category of music. Submitted by Bradley D.

How do different types of music affect learning patterns in humans? Test innate intelligence (an I.Q. test is a perfect source), critical thinking (a difficult crypto-quiz or something), and memorization (a memory game). Use 2 people (1 male, 1 female) of higher intelligence, 2 of average intelligence, and 2 of a lesser intelligence. Test them in a quiet, isolated room while playing 4 different types of music (for example rap, pop, country, and classical), and then once without any music at all. Record their scores with reference to I.Q., age, gender, GPA, and class rank. If possible in your area, have them tested in a lab where their brain waves can be monitored as they take the tests. Submitted by Andy Z.

Mucho Love and kisses!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader FLP/Team C Mentor)

BroadwayBaby is truly a scientist!
One great idea is testing how different genres of music affect blood pressure. Easily done in a day or two!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Mentor

boredom is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

I had a friend who did that expirement awhile back pretty interesting.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Mad Scientist
Expert Contributor

Mad Scientist is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Music and a blood pressure!

What were your friend's results? This is very interesting indeed!
Old 11-09-2005, 01:54 PM

Talking

I did that experiment not to long ago. Although the blood pressure did raise and lower some, it was not very signifigant. Although, hard, screaming heavy metal raised peoples blood pressure signifigantly. Interesting, huh?

You’ve been portrayed a thousand different ways
But my heart can see you better than my eyes
‘Cause it’s love that paints the portrait of your life

The face of love
The face of love
You look more like love everyday

Let us see...
Let us be you face.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:00 PM

Talking Try this

Try this - [url]http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/science_fair_projects/40/534/cf0c8ea07287c8de6696f4df2ad679aa.html[/url]

You’ve been portrayed a thousand different ways
But my heart can see you better than my eyes
‘Cause it’s love that paints the portrait of your life

The face of love
The face of love
You look more like love everyday

Let us see...
Let us be you face.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:19 PM

roaritsleslie is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default blood pressure?

yes, i was looking at the blood pressure experiment, but
i have no idea how to measure blood pressure.
it says you need a "sphygmomanometer" && i have
NO idea what that is, or where to get it.
a good majority of the students in my science class
have their experiment, and are working on their write-up.
i feel very behind, so i need a quick project to do.

i do not visit this site very often, so if you are willing to
help me in any way, please visit my [URL=http://www.myspace.com/leslieneecole]myspace[/URL] and click on the
"send message" button, or email me at [email]roaritsleslie@yahoo.com[/email]
please&thankyou. =]

Last edited by roaritsleslie; 11-15-2005 at 12:35 PM..