All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 6-8 Science Fair Projects > Biology (Grade 6-8)
User Name
Password

Old 04-10-2006, 06:24 AM

homiegrl1292 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via Yahoo to homiegrl1292
Red face Help!!!!!!!

Okay this is my 1st science fair project ever. and i really really need help. i am caught up in research and i am really lost in what to do. can someone please help me!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Mentor/FLP Member

lifescience* is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Wink

ok calm down!!
Also please dont use inappropriate words ok.
Well the first question i'm going to ask u is what are you interested in?? Anything particular??
Please reply so i know what kind of project you want!!
Remember you want to be intrested!!

Hotty_Girl!!!!:p

Here is the key to my heart But don't lose it!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:31 AM

homiegrl1292 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via Yahoo to homiegrl1292
Red face

ok well i already have my topic just im not sure what to do from there. ok my topic is what affect a toads respiration? sorry about the bad language.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homiegrl1292
ok well i already have my topic just im not sure what to do from there. ok my topic is what affect a toads respiration? sorry about the bad language.
Toad respiration? Are you going to do an experiment?

Well, I assume respiration as O2 getting into the tissue and CO2 out (basically, breathing), not cellular respiration. You'll have to research a bit, though. But moisture will definitely be a huge factor, cause amphibians use their skin to breath (our lungs are our respiratory surface, but the skin is the amphibian's respiratory surface. a rs has to be kept moist so that O2 and CO2 could diffuse in and out of the cell). (That's why amphibians have to be kept near water, or they could suffocate.)

As for the other factors, there's quite a lot, though they don't have much to do with being a toad or not, such as the hemoglobin in blood, the amount of O2, then amount of CO2, etc. (things that affect us also affect them).

As for the language, it's okay! (Though I'd tell you that school is a very important part of life, and the most important thing at school isn't what anyone else says about you but the growth of your knowledge and your love to learn.) Keep us updated (about your research project/experiment) and good luck!