All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Miscellaneous Projects (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Poll: what do you think happened?
Poll Options
what do you think happened?

Old 04-25-2006, 04:35 PM

Proverbdaykeepstdevilaway is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

You have a good point there dream. But i(not to insult? you) aaaa like you dont really know what God thinks. He could be thinking the exact oppisite for all we know. but also, i think he would like someone to prove that He does exist. Because in the Bible it says that God love, loved, and always love this "children" or humans. So why would He not want to have someone prove His existence? Because you know what happens to thenon-believers right? It says in the Bible that they go to "The Pit". So i as a Christian, ask you why would The Loving God want to have....half the population of man kind to be going down or "burning"?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbdaykeepstdevilaway
Ok im not mad but im going to tell you something. what if, a long time ago, a bunch of scientist grouped up and made up the theory "evolution" or the big bang? You know that alot goes on in this world that you dont know or dont want to, so this (what i said) could be possible. They could have done it for many reasons. money, famousnes, whatever. So if it is true whats the only "theory" left?God made the world! The Bible in not just a book. You want proof?? Then read It. It phrophecies some of the events that happemed, happening, and are going to happen. Everything we learn in school are in books! History, math, science, everything!!Just because its in the book now we shouldent believe any of it?! And i heard the The DaVinchi Code it against Christ\ianity. thats all for now
I can't believe I'm defending the Big Bang theory, Christian faith, and now, the DaVinci Code. Truth be told, it's a good book. It questions a lot about Christianity, but that doesn't mean that it's actually anti-Christian. No offense, but to think that the world is in black-and-white is very idealistic. There are grey areas... Okay, back to da vinci code...I read it for pure enjoyment, and like it that it questions the faith, because it makes me think. Just because you don't agree with a book doesn't mean the book is bad. Writing itself is a way to express your opinion, and it is fine that Brown believes what he believes.

Now, why did God give us free choice? So we can choose to believe him, not be forced. He wants ppl to love him by their free will, not by science or by force. So why would he allow ppl to create the Big Bang theory? I'm not God, so I couldn't tell. But if I guess, then it'll be the same thing as why did God give us temptation? So through temptation and through hard times, we can grow and mature. The same way he allows many different things challenging the Christian faith, it is to give us temptation, and therefore, we can strengthen ourselves when we go through.

Also, about the Bible being a scientific text, that was exactly my point. The Bible ISN'T supposed to be a scientific text. Therefore, if the Big Bang happened, there would be no point for prophets (Moses, to be exact, who wrote the first five books) to record what happened. My point is, there are many scientific things not recorded in the Bible, and just b/c it's not recorded in the Bible doesn't mean it isn't true.

As for the Bible and how the Bible isn't proof... There is a book, written by an atheist, who argued that science supports God. I think it's called God and Science. Anyways, I believe science supports God's existence, but doesn't prove his existence. Actually, recently, they discovered this ancient text dated back to very long time ago (forgot specific time) of a book from the Bible, I think Isiah in this cave. (It was with carbon 14 dating). Most of the modern Bible text matched with that text. Like I said, science supports, but not proves God's existence.

As for the people who believe in science, Louis Pasteur was a devout Catholic, who disproved spontaneous generation to prove the Bible. As for Einstein, he said there are two ways to live: one living each day monotonously, day after the other. The other way, is to live like everyday is a miracle (that God has given you-->I put it in parenthesis, b/c I heard it in church, and it wasn't clear whether Einstein said that, or my pastor interpreted it as that way).
Old 04-26-2006, 10:55 AM

But see i dont think God gave us a free choice at first Becuase he made Adam "holy". In the Bible it says that God wanted a world where there's only peace,happeness, and also that there was only one God/ they only believed in God. But because Adam sinned, other people became sinners and they went furrther and further away from Him. And then they decided to, i guess, make other gods. Also becuase the devil made the choice to sin against God. So the devil started this rebbelion against God and as you know devil can make people do things like with the story of Adam. And maybe it was the devils plan to make people think different about God and think up of different theories
Old 04-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbdaykeepstdevilaway
Ok im not mad but im going to tell you something. what if, a long time ago, a bunch of scientist grouped up and made up the theory "evolution" or the big bang? You know that alot goes on in this world that you dont know or dont want to, so this (what i said) could be possible. They could have done it for many reasons. money, famousnes, whatever. So if it is true whats the only "theory" left?God made the world! The Bible in not just a book. You want proof?? Then read It. It phrophecies some of the events that happemed, happening, and are going to happen. Everything we learn in school are in books! History, math, science, everything!!Just because its in the book now we shouldent believe any of it?! And i heard the The DaVinchi Code it against Christianity. thats all for now

that may be true (the part about scientists making up the big bang), but if you admit that that is a posibility, then it is therfor a possibility that a bunch of ppl came toghether one day and made up the bible!

History is written by the victors. thats how it has always been and always will be. History books are unacurate to a degree, why cant the bible be??? and if its not a book, what is it??? a boat??? a sandwich???

and the da vinci code is NOT against christianity, it is just throwing light on truths that had beed covered up. if you actually read it, you can judge it for yourself. but then again, i guess i cant judge the bible seeing as i have never read it. but you should be asking yourself, why is the church making sucha big deal about it being "unholy"? most books are "unholy", if you consider they havent been blessed or mention god. why make such a big deal about this book when there are so many other "unholy" books out there??? why hasn't the church forbiden ppl from reading "the Hydrofoil Mystery"??? (also a very good book) maybe its because they want to keep the information in the da vinci code a secret?

BTW, this is a very good topic
[o]
[o]
[o]
( |^| )
_ _ (\_)u(_/) _ _
(o)!!!_`~-.;}\\X//{;.-~`_!!!(o)
`~-{_/>(O)<\_}-~`
)()(
/ || \
\ || /
)||(
| || |
| || |
| || |
)||(
| || |
| || |
) || (
| || |
| || |
( || )
\ || /
\||/
''

<~-=-~-=-~-=-~>
Old 04-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Regular Contributor

clau is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default good point

[QUOTE=theBman]that may be true (the part about scientists making up the big bang), but if you admit that that is a posibility, then it is therfor a possibility that a bunch of ppl came toghether one day and made up the bible!

History is written by the victors. thats how it has always been and always will be. History books are unacurate to a degree, why cant the bible be??? and if its not a book, what is it??? a boat??? a sandwich???

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBman
that may be true (the part about scientists making up the big bang), but if you admit that that is a posibility, then it is therfor a possibility that a bunch of ppl came toghether one day and made up the bible!

and the da vinci code is NOT against christianity, it is just throwing light on truths that had beed covered up. if you actually read it, you can judge it for yourself. but then again, i guess i cant judge the bible seeing as i have never read it. but you should be asking yourself, why is the church making sucha big deal about it being "unholy"? most books are "unholy", if you consider they havent been blessed or mention god. why make such a big deal about this book when there are so many other "unholy" books out there??? why hasn't the church forbiden ppl from reading "the Hydrofoil Mystery"??? (also a very good book) maybe its because they want to keep the information in the da vinci code a secret?

BTW, this is a very good topic
__________________________________________________ _______________

you are right, who can prove that what the bible says is real? it could have been easily adapted to what the church wanted to accomplish at the time it was written or published. The Da Vinci Code is a really good book, but you should take everything it says too seriously. In my case, it made me realize that the people in the church make mistakes, and is capable of horrible actions. It's also probable that if the church is making such a big deal with this book, is because they are affraid that many other "dark" acts may be revealed.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

About the Da Vinci Code... Uncovering some truths? Actually, there has been a documentary on the truths behind it. Many of Brown's theories are unsupported. Remember, he's a writer, not a historian/theologist.

As for free will, of course God gave free will! This is why Adam and Eve have a choice to sin or not. Or why would he have created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? If we believe that God knows everything, then he'd probably have known that Adam and Eve will fall to temptation. But, like I've said, he'd rather let us love him out of free will than out of necessity. This is why the tree is created. There might be evil and sins, but out of evil comes forgiveness.

Anyways, I'm tired of debating over this. Been debating this with myself the past three years. We believe what we want to believe, okay?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman
Smile

good idea. lets just agree to disagree and change the subject.

[o]
[o]
[o]
( |^| )
_ _ (\_)u(_/) _ _
(o)!!!_`~-.;}\\X//{;.-~`_!!!(o)
`~-{_/>(O)<\_}-~`
)()(
/ || \
\ || /
)||(
| || |
| || |
| || |
)||(
| || |
| || |
) || (
| || |
| || |
( || )
\ || /
\||/
''

<~-=-~-=-~-=-~>
Old 05-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Regular Contributor

vballgurl is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default ummmm....

heres the thing i mean our religon that is based on the bible proves that by faith we believe yeah it might not exist but u have to have faith in it...but like everyone interprets it the way they want it to sound....hence all the different religons that base everything the believe on the bible but the big bang could exist but like the 2nd dude who posted said it could co exist but in my opinion god created it but like the whole co existance thing brings up the evolution i believe evolution like with the finchs and stuff is tru but the fact that we came from a monkey doesn't really make much since to me but back on topic the big bang could exist but on the other hand it couldn't so like yeah all this forum is going to do is influence arguing we argue cuz everyone in this world believes what they want about the religon hence freedom of religon.....
Old 05-15-2006, 02:20 PM

so that's it???you guys just say done and he debae is over? that's SO......silly i guess

hey guys im back....yay i had some e-net problems so i coulden quote.

The da vinci code is against Christianity. You want to know why? Because if it was not than why would three know pastors(forgot names but they are famous in the church "industry?") one of then is Erwin Lutzer(hopefully i spelt that correct) are doing a live broadcast against or talking about how it's wrong; the da vinci code
Old 05-15-2006, 02:52 PM

i agree with Proverb. The da vinci code is a book written solely on one man's wish to grow rich and famous. dan brown has absolutly no evidence to back up his claims of their being many more gospels and that the Gospels in the Bible were picked because they showed Jesus as the most supernatural. the fact is that the four Gospels were picked because other accounts of Jesus showed him as an extremly supernatural being with amazing powers (which He had, but the early church knew that few would believe an account of a supernatural being so powerful so they picked the accounts that were closer to our human point of view). as for Jesus being married to Mary Magdelene, if He was, why wouldnt Paul site Him as the first example when talking about marriage in the book of Corinthians? and brown pushes throughout the book that the meaning of life is attained by complete sexual unity with the "Feminine", or a woman god of some kind. whoever believes this garbage should go back to second grade, when they believed everything they were told on the playground.