All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Miscellaneous Projects (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Poll: what do you think happened?
Poll Options
what do you think happened?

Old 01-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Regular Contributor

scienceluvr is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Exclamation

if we came from monkeys we would still be coming from them right? ok I came from a christian family so I am not a fan of the big bang
Old 01-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team B)

satfire311 is truly a scientist!
Send a message via AIM to satfire311
Default Monkeys

Well, if that was right, I guess we would.

The Harder the Conflict... The Sweeter the Victory
Believe, and things will happen

Old 01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Regular Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciencePyro
Not trying to offend anyone but how could God create everything if there was no time or space to begin with?
it is to hard for your mind to comprehind
Old 01-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Regular Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedwig
However, I believe in evolution. Because there is no way that the god creation thing could have happened, with the evidence scientists have today.
Dr. Jay L.Wile says that science does not prove any thing. He says that in the book he wrote called:Exploring Creation With General Science. Pluss like I said earlier we would still be comming from monkeys if we started that way.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Okay, now let me ask a question. Why couldn't the Big Bang be part of God's work? Do you know, with just a little change, the big bang could not have happened? Perhaps a change in one degree means that the world could never have been created?

And why does evolution have to contradict God? You know the 7 days God took to create the world? Why couldn't the 7 days symbolize the time it took for evolution to occur until the appearance of man on the 7th day?

The problem is, we take the Bible too literally. The Bible is not only a holy text, but it is a piece of good literature. It has nice poetic language, good imagery, symbolism in its parables...etc. Naturally, it'll have more symbolism than we assume. Actually, in some parts of the bible, there are direct contradictions of each other that the writers must have noticed. That doesn't mean the writers were wrong/crazy. It just meant that the writers meant to do that, probably for sybolism or literary depth. If contradictions are done on purpose, why couldn't the symbolism be done on purpose?

God does not contradict science, and science does not contradict God. They actually support each other. If you'd just look into it deeper. There is the book titled "The Science of God," arguing how God and Science do not contradict each other and could be together.

And I've been through this conflict before, when I chose science over God. But give it more thought. Things aren't always black and white, as some people might wish it to be.

If there were a third choice, "the Big Bang AND God," then my vote will go there. But for now, I'll abstain from voting until that choice does appear.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:25 AM
Regular Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerofeternity
Okay, now let me ask a question. Why couldn't the Big Bang be part of God's work? Do you know, with just a little change, the big bang could not have happened? Perhaps a change in one degree means that the world could never have been created?

And why does evolution have to contradict God? You know the 7 days God took to create the world? Why couldn't the 7 days symbolize the time it took for evolution to occur until the appearance of man on the 7th day?

The problem is, we take the Bible too literally. The Bible is not only a holy text, but it is a piece of good literature. It has nice poetic language, good imagery, symbolism in its parables...etc. Naturally, it'll have more symbolism than we assume. Actually, in some parts of the bible, there are direct contradictions of each other that the writers must have noticed. That doesn't mean the writers were wrong/crazy. It just meant that the writers meant to do that, probably for sybolism or literary depth. If contradictions are done on purpose, why couldn't the symbolism be done on purpose?

God does not contradict science, and science does not contradict God. They actually support each other. If you'd just look into it deeper. There is the book titled "The Science of God," arguing how God and Science do not contradict each other and could be together.

And I've been through this conflict before, when I chose science over God. But give it more thought. Things aren't always black and white, as some people might wish it to be.

If there were a third choice, "the Big Bang AND God," then my vote will go there. But for now, I'll abstain from voting until that choice does appear.

ok I will start with the first paragraph. God created the earth for a reason he did not just say I think I will change the temtperature and then the bang happend. where did the monkeys come from? as I said earlier we would still be coming from monkeys not from oather people. I have to go but I first want to say something about the last paragraph. God says that you cannot love monney and love God same with the big bang

Last edited by scienceluvr; 01-28-2006 at 11:15 AM..
Old 01-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Mentor (Team B)

minnie30567746 is truly a scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerofeternity

Very good arguement. But, I think of it this way. This may be wrong, but this is a different way of looking at it.

Scientists are always saying that in science, there are concrete answers. No variables ubnless it is in an experimet. At least, that is what I have heard.

The BIble is full of controversial matters. Saying that someone knows when Jesus is coming because the ycan divide the tribes of Judah by the Tribes of Israel is 99.9% impossible. Other things to. How about the time when Mary had Jesus? It never says it was Winter.

You are saying that it is a combination. But, how can they mix? That is one of the many questions that won't be answered for a long time.

I still respect your opinion, but all I ask of everyone replying to this thread is that you respect evcery persons aspect on this very controversial matter.
I see you have built a new lightsaber. Your training is complete. -Darth Vader
Old 01-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceluvr
ok I will start with the first paragraph. God created the earth for a reason he did not just say I think I will change the temtperature and then the bang happend. where did the monkeys come from? as I said earlier we would still be coming from monkeys not from oather people. I have to go but I first want to say something about the last paragraph. God says that you cannot love monney adn love God.
Um, I don't have a firm grasp of what you're trying to argue. I'm just saying that science and God don't contradict each other. Actually, as many of the members on this site demonstrate, many people can be science-lovers and God-lovers at the same time. Of course I didn't mean to say he changed the temperature and the Big Bang occured. I'm saying everything had to be so exact for the Big Bang to occur, which actually support God. I don't understand what you mean about monkeys and other people. To answer your question, we developed from previous primates according to evolution. The previous primates developed into monkeys we know today. And if one could look over the literal meaning of the Bible, not literally seven days, not literally dust or bone, one might find that they do not contradict each other.

As for money and God, I fail how it relates to the coexistence of God and science or to what I have written.

Of course, this is my feelings. And true, it is a controversial topic. (It is also true I love debating, so I might be a bit aggressive...) Anyways, let's try to keep this friendly?
Old 01-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Mentor (Team B)

wisteria is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Talking

that's a very good suggeston dreamerofeternity.
(>.<)
"with out war we cannot appreciate peace!"

Gentle movements
of love,
The watching over from Heaven.
The eternity of love.
Wonders, Questions
that could never be answered.
But only faith
that swirls forever around us.
Praise Lord Jesus Christ!

By Wisteria

what is the meaning of life?

more to come...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team B)

satfire311 is truly a scientist!
Send a message via AIM to satfire311
Default Well...

That's a very good point, as we all now know, alot of the bible is sybolism, especially the book of Revolation, but, in my opinion, the Bible is much more than holy tezt, and least of all, just a fine piece of literature.

The Harder the Conflict... The Sweeter the Victory
Believe, and things will happen