All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Biology (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 08-20-2006, 03:33 AM

angelaki is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Need Help on Investigatory Project

Hey... New member here. It's great to be part of a community of people that help each other in their projects. I have to admit I'm not such a science guy and I need help in our investigatory project (I'm not so sure if this term is applied to other areas but I will define it just in case: It's some sort of project where we experiment on something and write a paper about it) Anyway, here's our problem:

We have a planned project where we investigate cockroaches and see if using spray is more effective in killing cockroaches. We want to compare it to a homemade pesticide/cockroach killer. Our problem is that which materials to use and how to make it.

I had another project in mind actually. I just haven't told my teammates yet. But anyway, I guess I need a small help:

I want to compare which of the two are better mosquito repellant: Any Mosquito Repellant that we can buy in the supermarket, or a solution that has garlic. My problem is that I don't know how to make this "garlic solution" that can be effective as a mosquite repellant. I have researched and found that one percent of Garlic Oil, Petroleum Jelly, and Beeswax can be used. Well, it's fine for me but where can I get Beeswax? I don't think I can get it that easily and how do I prepare it?

Anyway, if you have any suggestions to any of those ideas, please reply and tell me. I'd appreciate any help I can get from you

Cheers!