All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 6-8 Science Fair Projects > Food Science (Grades 6-8)
User Name
Password

Old 05-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scienceismylife_2006
i need to find out how to distill ink, milk, and vinegar
Look up the process of distillation. You basically boil something so you can separate two liquids, then condense the vapour into another bottle. The setup is complicated. Google it and you'll get a lot of info about how to do distillations. However, I believe you can only do distillations with liquids with a lower boiling temperature than water.

Also, what do you mean by distilling milk, vinegar, and ink? They're made of water. It's not like ethanol (rubbing alcohol) and water, in which they are TWO DIFFERENT compounds. You really can't distill the things you mentioned, unless you mean boil the water away and look at whatever is left. That is just mere boiling.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:34 PM

bamakittigrl39 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Lightbulb tooth enamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
This is the new forum for all questions relating to Grade 6 to 8 Food Science fair projects.

If your's is a grade 6 - 8 project, post your questions here from now onwards, if you want fast answers!
i was going to do a project to see which is worse for your teeth, coke, tea, or gatorade. i was wondering if you knew of anything that i could use that would respond the same as tooth enamel.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:34 AM

sciencecrzy is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Acidity Testing

Could someone please help with project on testing acidity levels of different species of a citrus fruit? Thanks!!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:40 AM

geekgirl500 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Angry Help

omgee i have a idea i just dont no how to expand it very well like one is do the different types of popcorn affect the amount of kernels left in the bag
or do the different types of mentos affect the hieght of the soda which one should i choose
Old 10-11-2006, 05:37 PM

brunette42 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default testing the vitamin C level in orange juice

i need help! the page attached to your site for this experiement (the third party site) doesnt help much! i cant find any other site to help me with this!

where do you get a vitamin C indicator?

how do you test it?

please help & fast!
thanks!
Old 10-29-2006, 01:55 PM

Science_wiz is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Red face well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
This is the new forum for all questions relating to Grade 6 to 8 Food Science fair projects.

If your's is a grade 6 - 8 project, post your questions here from now onwards, if you want fast answers!
Alright. I am having trouble finding a project, but the only thing is that I can't find anything to meet my expectations. I have been trying to find experiments on the site that say something like, "Does this affect this?" but can't seem to find any that suit me. I have no storage rooms, I have no magnets and I have no way to get them. I am an 8th grader that needs to impress her teacher very much! I have a limited amount of time to work on this project, so I was thinking something really girly. Just because most girls don't like to work on science fair projects.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:52 PM

ikto825979 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Post Help MEEEEE!!

please help me i don't know if i should do this project.
Do plants grow better in sunlight or in the dark?
what do you think?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:07 AM

jenee305 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Help me quick please

desperate parent in need of science fair project for 8th grader. preferably in the food and science category. she wants to do one about vitamin c in different types of OJ, it sounds kinda complicated to me
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 AM

iloveallenwalker is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Help! :/

Somebody please tell me what would be my variables for my project? It is do tomorrow, and, to tell the truth, I don't have a clue!

The project is: How do papin and bromelaine digest proteins?
I am putting different fruits into gelatin and seeing if it effects the solidity. Again, I am BEGGING you, PLEEEEASE help me.

:/

Last edited by iloveallenwalker; 10-27-2008 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: I accidentally messed up tthe font size.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:36 PM

princessj96 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Question help,help,help

[FONT="Arial Black"]need an idea for science fair i think i want to do sometin on pop on how it effects ur teeth[