All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Highlights > Share your science project ideas!
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Regular Contributor

Oscar Ramirez Ch. is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default New educational chemical model

Hi.

What I am about to introduce to you has been my science fair project for 12 years.
Along time ago I designed an educational chemical model that right now, after a lot or work, feedback and design, is similar in function as the periodic table of the elements. It offers a lot of helpful data to the student.

Since promoting my model has been the hardest part of the project, my mom (an english teacher) told me to join a forum and ask the teachers to help promote my model with their students.

Please visit the following site: [url]http://www.oscarramirezch.com/REE/webpage/main.htm[/url]

, and download a FREE sample. Click on download free REE at the bottom of the main page.

By helping me out in recommending this site to your students, you will help my model to be of the knowledge of all the students, al so you will help me build a scholarship fund for my alma mater.

Thank you very much

Oscar Ramírez Chávez

Last edited by Oscar Ramirez Ch.; 09-25-2005 at 02:54 PM..
Old 09-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Mad Scientist
Expert Contributor

Mad Scientist is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Chemical Model

What's different about your model Oscar?
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Regular Contributor

Dear Mad Scientist (I don't know your name)

Thank you for replying to my message.

What is different about my model is that in one section the chemical elements are arranged only by atomic number but not by period or group ( This arrangement of the elements follows up their electronic configuration ); and the other two sections are arranged in alphabetical order so the student can locate elements and its data in a more faster way.

As I have said before to students and teachers, this is not an invention, it is only a design that has it's roots on the periodic table.

The model consists of three main sections.

A) Electronic configuration
Where you can determine the electronic configuration of any element and consult data of such element such as electro negativity, ionic radii, etc.

B) Thermal properties
Information arranged in alphabetical order.

C) Physical properties.
Information arranged in alphabetical order.

Please download a free sample and see it for your self.
I only ask for your name and email address so that I can email you in the future if any changes are made to the page or model.
Also, please click on characteristics for a more detailed explanation of the design.

[url]http://www.oscarramirezch.com/REE/webpage/main.htm[/url]

I hope that I responded correctly to your answer.
If not, let me know and I'll email you back.

Best regards

Oscar
Old 09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Mad Scientist
Expert Contributor

Mad Scientist is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Periodic Table Model

Whilst we do not generally allow commercial links to be announced/advertised on our forums, I think that what you have is more educational in nature and should be allowed to be displayed on our forum.

Mentors, do you guys have any views on this. If no one objects, I'll vote to leave your link here.

You can continue to post updates right here on this forum, and anyone interested can folllow your development here. It is our policy however not to give away any emails of any of our members, for obvious (privacy reasons).

Thank you once again for this interesting contribution to our wealth of knowledge!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Regular Contributor

Dear Mad Scientist

I am very thankful for the opportunity that you have been given me to share my model to teachers as well to students.

Since I flew to Monterrey to visit my Alma Matter, I was not able to reply to your last message. I am very happy that you have kept open my thread to the people who visits the site.

Right now I am still working in promoting my model with teachers and students here in Mexico. It has been a very hard task, but some how I am achieving good results.

I still strongly invite to all the teachers who visits this thread that please take the opportunity to download a free sample and share it with your students and peers.

Once again, thank you very much Mad Scientist and all the teachers who visit this wonderful site.

Best regards

Oscar Ramírez Chávez
Old 10-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Senior Mentor (Team D)

ScienceIsCool is truly a scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
Whilst we do not generally allow commercial links to be announced/advertised on our forums, I think that what you have is more educational in nature and should be allowed to be displayed on our forum.

Mentors, do you guys have any views on this. If no one objects, I'll vote to leave your link here.
No objections from me. In general, I vote that we keep this forum focussed on helping & inspiring kids with science projects. Time will tell whether an individual is honestly willing to help others on this website or they are just here to promote their own stuff.

The best way to gain reputation and credibility, Oscar, would be to hit the Chemistry section and help out some of our young aspiring scientists with your knowledge!

Take care
ScienceIsCool
Old 10-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Mentor (Team B)

wisteria is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Talking just quoting

yeah I agree thought I am not up to that level yet it is quite interesting... is it safe oscar? I'm just a student... please reply I won't download YET.
(>.<)
"with out war we cannot appreciate peace!"

Gentle movements
of love,
The watching over from Heaven.
The eternity of love.
Wonders, Questions
that could never be answered.
But only faith
that swirls forever around us.
Praise Lord Jesus Christ!

By Wisteria