All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Miscellaneous Projects (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Poll: what do you think happened?
Poll Options
what do you think happened?

Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Regular Contributor

scienceluvr is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerofeternity
Um, I don't have a firm grasp of what you're trying to argue. I'm just saying that science and God don't contradict each other. Actually, as many of the members on this site demonstrate, many people can be science-lovers and God-lovers at the same time. Of course I didn't mean to say he changed the temperature and the Big Bang occured. I'm saying everything had to be so exact for the Big Bang to occur, which actually support God. I don't understand what you mean about monkeys and other people. To answer your question, we developed from previous primates according to evolution. The previous primates developed into monkeys we know today. And if one could look over the literal meaning of the Bible, not literally seven days, not literally dust or bone, one might find that they do not contradict each other.

As for money and God, I fail how it relates to the coexistence of God and science or to what I have written.

Of course, this is my feelings. And true, it is a controversial topic. (It is also true I love debating, so I might be a bit aggressive...) Anyways, let's try to keep this friendly?
sorry I misunderstood
Old 01-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Regular Contributor

kellyrox is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Question

I asked my science teacher one tiem how life started, adn she said with tiny life forms. I asked where they came from, adn she said water, and that is all she could say. I go with the religious theory because it is much more understandable, but I don't know!
Don't be like me and porcrastinate!
I love you whoever you are!
Don't worrrry- we all feel out of sorts sometimes!!
Old 01-28-2006, 03:43 PM
Regular Contributor

clau is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Smile halfnhalf

i dont believe in just one "theory", I think that both theories complement each other. One must have a very personal opinion about this, and do not let others think for you and tell you what u should believe in.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team B)

satfire311 is truly a scientist!
Send a message via AIM to satfire311
Default Belief

I completely agree. Even though I believe in the "God created..." theory, I'm not going to judge someone because they don't believe or think the same way that I do. If your choice is influnced by the wrong reasons(friends, etc.) not becase of your own reasons, then you might want to rethink your reason to see if it's really yours or someone elses.

The Harder the Conflict... The Sweeter the Victory
Believe, and things will happen

Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Regular Contributor

Amon L'isa is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceluvr
if we came from monkeys we would still be coming from them right? ok I came from a christian family so I am not a fan of the big bang
Hey hey, soo, lets imagine that I am now sitting in my kitchen, and trying to eat my ketchup. So, I am watching at it, I am aware that that thing that's standing on the table is-ketchup... So...
If you come and ask me, why are you trying to eat that blueberry cake, I would certainly answer:"Well, it's just I adore strawberrys..."
So, I am not going to disscus about that, is this a truth or not. Becouse it doesn't matters, weather I'm going to lie or not. It won't matter only if you watch the structure and the beggining of whole Universe, just by yourself. But people are not able to do such a things. Becouse we are people.And people cannot understand things, I mean really understand, such as Universe or God. That would be our imagination. The, we are now in another room:"I really need my prove, that God exists" or "What am I suposed to believe at?"
So, I am returning to my, as much as I can remeber, first reply on this topic, and it's about that,that God... is an Universe.
There are soooooo many coincidens, tooo many similiar stuff, but in the end, we can ONLY guess...

So, about these monkeys, about 14 000 000 years, monkey's family have separated in two waysne, the humanoids, and we come from them, and the rest of the monkeys, that we know today. Some scientists beleive that weather conditions, or a quick change of climate made such a thing. But that's just a theory.

But my opinion is that we would be able to realise a part of a truth only if we come to the beginig... of us. Well, begining is everything. And our REAL begining is philosophy. That's a mother of all the sciences. not by methods, but by ideas that philosophy caries. And they say that God is everything. I agree totaly. It's just, (btw, I'm not explaining, i'm just saying mu opinion), that idea of God that people beleive at, and the Big Bang theory, are too little, just too simple. But I beleive in God that have created us. So, people very very often don't understand God. Bible is NOT made to be read literally, it's a kind of a story of the beggining. It's like an easy, and like a very hard code. riddle. That's all we have... maybe if yo just think about it, u wil see it's not hard to understand at all.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team B)

satfire311 is truly a scientist!
Send a message via AIM to satfire311
Default Progress

Well, by looking at the poll, it looks like we have about an even amount of votes on each side, not to metion great imput by everyone. WAY TO GO!

The Harder the Conflict... The Sweeter the Victory
Believe, and things will happen

Old 02-05-2006, 04:39 PM

It'sNotMe is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

I believe in both. I believe that God created the world, but also that the big bang and evolution occured. The Bible isn't always meant to be thought of literally as we can see in the Book of Revelations and Genesis. Tell me that you believe that Eve was made from Adam's rib or that a nine headed dragon is going to end the world and I'll slap you. Those things have symbolic meaning, and the point of the story that God created the world in 7 days is just meant to mean that God created everything. It does not literally mean that he created humans, birds, and fish first. Look at fossil evidence. If you can't believe that evolution happened and that God guided that evolution, then I feel very sorry for you.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Regular Contributor

Default :d

That's an interesting explanation I think that you would be a great biology professor
So, where are we? On the start. You see, the point is just in what do you beleive... No proves for both sides, I mean, for that, who has created world? But there are some true facts such as: There is an evolution;(do you think that our perfect DNK could be created so fast?) We are all made of stars(by Moby), you know that there are same materies in us, on planet, an\d on the sun... But no real facts that God exsists. How come? And everything further we say cannot be proved... Is it possible that God has hidden inside of our heart(from a poem, I can't remember the name. Take this as an alegory). Or God is everything. So, in the end we have: Universe=God. The main definition of God in philosopy. But, it depends on you, wheather oyu will beleive...
This topic can never be shut down... Arguments are just endless, when we speak of things that we can't control.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman
Talking

wow, thats a great topic for the polls. i am undecided on the matter, but i think that maybe it was both. i dont know.

BTW, do you like Dan Brown?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Regular Contributor

Dan Brown(btw, sorry to everyone, becouse of the off-topic)
He's Ok... Not a genius, if you talk of his work The Code, that was actually written from other book(not really, but the main topic and a few chapters)...Man who knows how to get some money over night The book, is only a good triler, but in any other way, I can't take in my opinion. The book is the bestseller becouse of the same reason this poll is always going to be with no "winner"...