All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 6-8 Science Fair Projects > Biology (Grade 6-8)
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Regular Contributor

scidudetoo is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Here's some tips

Judges are really attracted to the board. If you have creativity, show it! Obviously, they would not like a board with black marker and cross outs on it. Oh, and DON"T LIE if they ask you questions. They always find out. If you got help from a parent, dont say u did it yourself because no one is perfect. It's the impression that you leave that counts.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team C)

science ace #1 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to science ace #1
Arrow and.....

lastly, they look at how much effort you put in your project, and if you worked alot...

i realize my love for you was strong (L)
Old 01-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Mentor (Team A)

rachaelroxursox2 is truly a scientist!
Send a message via AIM to rachaelroxursox2

They like orginal ideas. They get bored if they see the same volcano project over and over again-give them something that makes them think "Oh, I've never thought of that before-what an interesting idea"
ooo ooo

DANCE, DANCE, DANCE, FUNNY MONKEY
Old 01-22-2006, 02:43 PM

Arrow that is...

totally correct...... io agree 100% wit rachealroxursox2

Old 01-22-2006, 04:49 PM

Default here are some judjing criterias

here are some things that judges look 4 in your project...

JUDGING CRITERIA

CREATIVE ABILITY: Is this an original idea or an original approach to a new idea? Both are good. Did you show ingenuity in the materials, apparatus and techniques or did you just buy a kit? Did you demonstrate the ability to improvise and adapt? Is the project a collection, is it a purposeful one?

SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT: Does your exhibit show: organized procedures, accurate observations, controlled experiments, cause and effect reasoning, theories, analysis and synthesis? Weight is given to the likely amount of real study and effort represented in the exhibit. The project cannot be just a demonstration or an attractive display.

THOROUGHNESS: How completely have you explored or studied the problem? You should record evidence you have gathered as data in notebooks, journals, or log books. Include bibliographies, charts, tables, and graphs. Be sure to identify experimental organisms and/or apparatus.

SKILL: Is your workmanship good? Do you show evidence of mastery of techniques? Did you construct your own apparatus? Overall construction and "look" of the project should be neat, organized, easy to read, sturdy, and self supporting.

CLARITY: Does the display clearly explain what you did? A neatly written, well organized backboard that is easy to follow provides clarity. Things which insure clarity are: labels, guide marks, well written descriptions, emphasis on important items, labeled graphs, labeled tables, legends underneath graphs and tables. Which of these does your display have?