All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Physics (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2006, 09:58 PM

mcnaryxc is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Pressurize Air Filter Housing

Hey everyone, right now, I'm currently working on a water powered engine in where the hydrogen is being made on the car itself. The only HUGE problem I'm having is pressurizing the hydrogen being created. What I'm using is parts that would be used in a propane engine (like what forklifts use) like a regulator (like seen in BBQ's). But propane tanks, i think, are pressurized to 20 psi. Anyway, in order for my regulator to work the way I want it to, I need to pressurize my water filter housings that make the hydrogen fuel go to into the regulator correctly to 20 psi. BUT, I have no idea what to use to pressurize it with. I provided a picture of a water filter housing to give a little insight. This needs to be compact by all means. A friend said to try a pond pump or aquarium circulator. This whole project is turning into a McGyvor episode anyway, so any ideas are welcome. Thanks.
Attached Images