All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Don't Have Any Ideas Yet? > Get Ideas for Your Project
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2005, 01:29 PM

1post is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default 2 sides of the same brain

I am in the eighth grade. My project is going to be on the human brain and how being left-brained or right-brained affects one's life and habits. I need to find out how to determine whether a person is left or right-brained. I've heard that if given 4 numbers such as these,
1 2 3 4
a right-brained person will choose 1 or 2 and a left-brained person will choose 3 or 4. I want a more specific way of determining this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by 1post; 09-01-2005 at 01:32 PM..
Old 09-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Mentor

judy is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Left brain versus right brain

Hi there 1post!

You've touched on a very interesting topic. The right brain is better at random processing, amongst other things, as compared to the left brain. The left brain on the other hand has the ability to think sequentially (like making task-lists, spelling etc.)

So, if you're a "right-brain" person - ie: you tend to process information with your right brain, you might be less adept at spelling or following sequential schedules.

You might want to perform a series of tests to determine whether a person is right or left brained - such as spelling tests.

Hope this helps.

Judy
Retired Science Teacher
Old 09-06-2005, 04:05 AM

ram is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

I heard from my teacher that Music is processed in the right brain and Mathematics in the left brain. Maybe if you ask their grades in Math and Music, you would be able to guess their handedness? But my mom who is in neuro field told me that most right-dominant people are also right handed.
RAM