All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Miscellaneous Projects (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 02-22-2006, 02:39 PM

nick898 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Testing Help

I'm doing a science fair on vision. What I did was make a transparent eye chart and I just put it over different color construction paper (Yellow, Orange, White, Red, Purple, Green, Blue) underneath it. The subject is 20 feet away and reads it with both his/her eyes. We give them 30 seconds to do it and we alternate people so they don't start doing it from memory.

We are not testing random people so I'm not worried about people cheating or doing it from memory because we can just sit them down and get them to do it seriously because they know us and won't try to screw with us if we tell them not to. I'm just wondering whether you think this is a good way to test them? We were going to test them so that once they start guessing...they automatically stop and we see how long it took them to get to the point where they start guessing. But we decided to do it this way and alternate them and give them 30 seconds to get as much as they can down. Sometimes they quit 20 seconds into it. Is it alright if they quit or should we keep them going the entire 30 seconds?