All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Miscellaneous Projects (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Poll: what do you think happened?
Poll Options
what do you think happened?

Old 05-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbdaykeepstdevilaway
so that's it???you guys just say done and he debae is over? that's SO......silly i guess

hey guys im back....yay i had some e-net problems so i coulden quote.

The da vinci code is against Christianity. You want to know why? Because if it was not than why would three know pastors(forgot names but they are famous in the church "industry?") one of then is Erwin Lutzer(hopefully i spelt that correct) are doing a live broadcast against or talking about how it's wrong; the da vinci code
just cause three pastors are against the da vinci code, and who assume it's against christianity doesn't mean all christians have to be. there are many pastors in this world. Also, it's just a work of fiction. Most of the things in there are made up. Accept that it's just a novel--both ppl who love and hate it. Faith won't be changed by it. At least true faith wouldn't.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Mentor

Caboose38924 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Thumbs up Good points

Well, good points made by all, my view on the book is that its a book with some history surrounding it. Im keepin the faith and I believe that its just a good fiction book. The movie is just a movie, and nothing more. Though I wouldnt suggest it to non catholics because the book and movie can get confusing and I wouldnt want you to steer towards thinking that the book and movie is for real. Just think of it as any other book. Just with a historical twist to it. Nuff said.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Mentor

Caboose38924 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Lightbulb Btw

BTW: I think that God created the big bang theory and started everything. Everything couldnt have just appeared. Then again we're talking about the power of God here. With God, anything is possible.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman
Default caution: requires thinking

k, this is just a little thing for you to think about:

If god is all-powerful, is it possible for him to create an object so heavy, he cant lift it?

Think about it!
[o]
[o]
[o]
( |^| )
_ _ (\_)u(_/) _ _
(o)!!!_`~-.;}\\X//{;.-~`_!!!(o)
`~-{_/>(O)<\_}-~`
)()(
/ || \
\ || /
)||(
| || |
| || |
| || |
)||(
| || |
| || |
) || (
| || |
| || |
( || )
\ || /
\||/
''

<~-=-~-=-~-=-~>
Old 08-06-2006, 04:35 PM

GodOwNSDArWiN is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Cool Lets get serious

Alright, first off I want to say that the theory of god, (which isnt theory at all but fact which im about to give proof for) takes faith. There is no way you can prove that there is a greater being, you have to believe.

Proof
----------

The old testament was written between 1450 B.C. and 430 B.C. Thoughout the old testament over 510 prophecies were made. Some about Jesus, some about today. Over 450 of those prophecies have come true. How do you explain that. Now if you have enough "wisdom" to prove to me that it was luck step up and say something.
Mathmaticians have sat there for days on end figuring out the probability of 450 out of 500 summod prophecies that were made a few thousand years ago coming true, and you know what they came up with?

Fill Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado 2 feet high with quarters. Mark 5 with a red marker, and scatter them. Try to find them....blindfolded

In Revalation there is ASTOUNDING EVIDENCE It says that apollyon, which is an angel, will rise and kill almost 1/3, of his own people/kind in the east. Apollyon is greek for the destroyer. Sadaam Husien almost killed his mother during childbirth and she made his middle name the destroyer in arabic (which i cant find right now). Sadaam grew up and, the math has been done, he killed roughly 1/3 of the people he ruled. Not enough?

Everyone knows what Chernobyl is.

In the last book of the bible it says that a great mountain will errupt. (Now you have to remember John was seeing this a few thousand years before it happend so he didnt have names for everything.) And its name will be that of woodworm. It also says it will kill 2/3 rds of Plants,Animals and Men that are around it. Chernobyl translated in the hungarian language is woodworm. And guess what. Theyve done the math. 2/3 of everthing died.

Explain that.

Also I want someone to tell me. If we didnt come from a greater being, where did we come from? POND SCUM? Lets get serious

Oh yea and the post before me could god make something so big he couldnt lift it. The bible says god can do anything. Paradox written all over it.

and to think that this is coming from a 13 year old
Email Me with questions [email]Oompaloompa718@hotmail.com[/email]
Old 08-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman

ok, im not going to comment on the first part, seeing as i dont really care. but the lsat part, you said god can do anything, that is imposible. if you really think about what i said in my last post, then you relize that if god can do anything, creating something so big he cannot lift it falls under the category of "anything" right? but then he cannot lift it, seeing as its too heavy. proving he cannot do "anything".

honestly, think before you post.

and to thing that this is coming from a 14 year old

[o]
[o]
[o]
( |^| )
_ _ (\_)u(_/) _ _
(o)!!!_`~-.;}\\X//{;.-~`_!!!(o)
`~-{_/>(O)<\_}-~`
)()(
/ || \
\ || /
)||(
| || |
| || |
| || |
)||(
| || |
| || |
) || (
| || |
| || |
( || )
\ || /
\||/
''

<~-=-~-=-~-=-~>
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team B)

satfire311 is truly a scientist!
Send a message via AIM to satfire311
Default Umm

If God were to create something that he could not lift... there would be a reason for it, and God always knows what he's doing and what's best.

The Harder the Conflict... The Sweeter the Victory
Believe, and things will happen

Old 08-08-2006, 02:43 AM
Mentor (Team B)

minnie30567746 is truly a scientist!

How about this, Bman. God could do it. But that doesn't mean he has to. I could rob a bank, but I'm not going to. Fortunately, as satfire said, God ALWAYS knows what is best.
I see you have built a new lightsaber. Your training is complete. -Darth Vader
Old 09-07-2006, 06:45 PM

futuredictatorkitty is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default ...

lol if the bible explains everything...what happened to the dinosaurs???

no really. if god did in fact create all of us. then why is there no similiar life ...or atleast that we know of found on mars or other planets that we have so far travelled to.

and its not an accident that we were created the reason life was able to form was b/c earth most likely presented the best conditions for life to evolve on. you know, its not some mystery or anything. its just life was looking for a way out and it found earth to be quite suitable.

but then again what is life? ifgod is the oh so controller of the universe...why does the bible have a bias against poeple who believe. i mean really ...in the medieval times people were killed for believing different things...in fact most wars were about religion. (in the roots of coourse) lol except maybe the war of 1812...a little pointless i must say...

so basically if god is so loving and excepting why are people not like that. you cant turn the news on everyday without hearing that somebody got shot or how rasicm travels though school and how *** people rally at different places.

really. all i think the scientists want is proof. not just a dusty old book that was written by humans who claim to be able to hear. god!!! lol i mean who knows what couldve driven them to such conclusions.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:38 AM

jennifertoyy is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceluvr View Post
Dr. Jay L.Wile says that science does not prove any thing. He says that in the book he wrote called:Exploring Creation With General Science. Pluss like I said earlier we would still be comming from monkeys if we started that way.

I had that book! It's great! A time ago I stopped to think, why do I believe in God/Jesus, is it just because my parents told me too, or is there actual evidence that God/Jesus really exist and if he really is the son og God. So I did a lot of reaserch. Why couldn't the bible just be written by some man who was really good at geography and history? I found out that the bible is full of predictions of the future that have been made 200 years before they actually came true. Why would I believe that? You now that sciencets can age things to see how long ago it really did happen, so that is VERY good evidence of the bible not just being written by some man. There are many more reasons but I don't really want to go into that now because I've got other stuff to do.

So I deciede, what about evolution? I reaserched it, found out absoultly no evidence to it. It's just been a widley known "fact" so people just come to accept it without knowing anything about it (just like many religions, including christianity.) You have to be well backed up when you are arguing with people, so you can just know NOTHING about evolution, (and other religions.) Also, the way some sciencets age things, there is one very popular method that ages things back millions of year (I forgot the name of it, somthing that started with and r.) It is only reliable as long as it dates something 3,000 years and less. One more question if we evolved from apes, why aren't apes extinct?

Sorry If I offened anyone with this. I just want to say why I belive in such things, by the way, I have atheist friends and all, it's not like I hate people and such.