All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade K - 5 Science Fair Projects > Simple Projects (Grades K-5)
User Name
Password

Old 02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Regular Contributor

camsmom is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Talking Update!!!

Hi everyone. I wanted to update everyone on the project for my son. We did it and it turned out great. We did use M&M's instead and it turned out fine. he was able to do every aspect of the experiment (as I took pictures)..he really enjoyed it.

He had to turn it in on Monday and tonight was the school science fair. We just found out tonight that he was awarded 1st place for kindergarten!!! I am so proud! Lot's of people kept stopping by his project board saying how good his project was!!!!

Thank you again Broadway baby for your advice on the project and thank you everyone for your suggestions for projects and support! You are all great.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team B)

Minniesfriend is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Exclamation Hey Cammsmom.

Hello.
I would recommend maybe raising chickens to show responsibility and his brains. all you have to do is go on the internet and get some info on chickens and how they survive,then what you do is you check library books out on how to built an incubator and figure out what cool things you can do. its a fun and easy project and all he has to do is study the eggs while they hatch and make charts and stuff.....Does that help???
Old 02-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Mentor (Team B)

minnie30567746 is truly a scientist!
Talking

Minnie(sounds wierd calling someone by my name, but anyway), i think she already has a project. Actually, I think she completed the prject. ALthough that is a good idea, please post it on another area. I believe it might not be the most compatible for a kindergardener.

~Kind note from the FLP
I see you have built a new lightsaber. Your training is complete. -Darth Vader
Old 02-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader FLP/Team C Mentor)

BroadwayBaby is truly a scientist!

Also, that project is disorganized and cannot be successfully measured. I would not reccomend it.

You’ve been portrayed a thousand different ways
But my heart can see you better than my eyes
‘Cause it’s love that paints the portrait of your life

The face of love
The face of love
You look more like love everyday

Let us see...
Let us be you face.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Senior Mentor (Leader FLP/Team C Mentor)

BroadwayBaby is truly a scientist!

Oh my goody gumdrops, cansmom! I am so proud!!! Tell you son that getting a first place is fantastic!! Good Job!

You’ve been portrayed a thousand different ways
But my heart can see you better than my eyes
‘Cause it’s love that paints the portrait of your life

The face of love
The face of love
You look more like love everyday

Let us see...
Let us be you face.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular Contributor

smartness is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmom View Post
My youngest son wants to complete a science project for his school's science fair. He is in Kindergarten and is extremely bright, can read do math, etc. I am at a loss at what topic to suggest for a kindergartener.

I used to teach 4th grade and also have a fourth grade son and he is doing a project on electromagnets but I have no idea on something for kindergarden level. He needs to incorporate the scientific method so he cannot do a simple demonstation.

I asked him what he would want to do but he doesn't know either. He is very mechanical minded and likes to see how things are put together and build things. He has also shown interest in volume and straws- showing me that if he puts his finger over a straw that the liquid stays in...he also curious about the whirlpool effect when water is draining in a sink...I thought food project might be a good idea for kindergarten but was not sure..

Can someone please give us some ideas of an investigavtive project that my kindergarten son might do that wouldn't be TOO simple or boring for him.

Thanks so much for your help!
(smartness)you could do a science project that involves teating straws!!