All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 6-8 Science Fair Projects > Food Science (Grades 6-8)
User Name
Password

Old 10-04-2008, 07:40 AM

james williams is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default the level of water in fruit

Does anyone have any idea how i would set this experiment up? This is my first science project about finding the different levels of water in fruit .ireally need Help!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Regular Contributor

Bioscientist is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default fruit - weight of dried fruit = amount of water

Weigh the fresh fruit first. Then slice up the fruit and place either in a dehydrator or an oven/toaster oven, until the fruit has dried up. Then weigh the dried fruit. The weight of the fresh fruit minus the weight of the dried fruit will be the total weight of the water that was in the fruit.
To compare the amount of water in different fruits, just do the experiment above for different fruits. You can dry the fruits all together to save on electricity/gas. Make sure they are well separated so you know which fruit is which after it dries.