All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Chemistry (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2006, 02:46 PM

Shalimarp3 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Exclamation Making a Battery

Hey! Well my class is having a competition...whoever can build a battery and get the voltage higher than other people's then we get like 50 extra bonus points or something like that. We are gonna hook up this voltage dector thing to two metals and the mettals will but in 1 or 2 different solutions...whichever you think will get the most voltage. Well i really dont have that much information on it cus she gave us a list of metals and we chose which one we might like to use but i dont remember which ones were on the list..i think maybe around 10..and the only solution i remmeber that was on the list was Sulferic acid or something like that. I really wish i could provide you with more information but my teacher jsut told us about it today. But yea...i would appreciate it if some of yall could leave a few suggestions of metals and solutions that would provide a high voltage...one that could atleast get over 3v or 4v...the highest they've ever had was 6v...oh and there was also lemon on the list too. Well anyways..thanks in advance! Oh and if there is sometihng i need to bring to school that my teacher might not have..just tell me and I can probably get it from somewhere!

Last edited by Shalimarp3; 03-15-2006 at 03:08 PM..
Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

shadowmancer is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via AIM to shadowmancer

i did electorlysis for my science fair project and sulfir acid and salt water combined with a copper and nikel metal works very well

Last edited by shadowmancer; 03-16-2006 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: typo