All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Don't Have Any Ideas Yet? > Get Ideas for Your Project
User Name
Password

Old 09-17-2005, 12:01 PM

craev8en is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default High School Level Research Projects

I am a spohomore and am in desperate need of an idea for my project. I am smart, and can generally can be successful in any area of science, but my projects never turn out the way I want because I have troble finding an idea. My teacher is extremely picky about the difficulty level, and everything online is too elementary. Science isn't my strongsuit, but I have acess to labs and other resources. Please respond with unique ideas and suggestions.Web site and or books on topics would be helpful. Any help is appreciated! Thank you for your time!

Last edited by craev8en; 09-17-2005 at 12:04 PM..
Old 09-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Senior Mentor (Team D)

sciencefreak is a brilliant scientist admired by others
Lightbulb

hi craev8en,
you seem to be a bit confused bout your project. but please tell us what interests you the most in science - it might be plants, the humans body, biotec, molecular biology ao anything under the sun.
what i want to say is that you must specify your area of interest.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Senior Mentor (Team D)

ScienceIsCool is truly a scientist!

I understand how difficult it can be to pinpoint an idea. I'm like that too - some people are just able to come up with good ideas on the spot. It takes me forever.

I think it'll help if you focus on what you're interested in. What interests you??
Old 09-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Senior Mentor

Archenemy550 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via AIM to Archenemy550

yea, I can help, if you explain what you kinda want.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:12 PM

Lightbulb Okay here's what I am interested in...

I am NOT that into science. I just want a project that I can do well on. (When I said that to my teacher she looked at me like I had grown another head.) Last year, I tested the biodegradablity of cleaning products on plants (I poured like Tilex on plants; they died, not my best idea, beause duh I knew that would happen). I definitely do not want to do anything with plants, and humans as test subjects are out (like testing memory). I would really like to do something with architecture, but I am not sure how. (like testing levies or different types of foundations. I just dont know how to find an actual experiment to test that.) As I said before websites or other references for finding ideas would be helpful. Thanks for your input already!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:20 AM
Mad Scientist
Expert Contributor

Mad Scientist is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Any of these interest you?

[url]http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/science_fair_projects.php?s_terms=architecture&typ e=0&s_difficulty=&hidden=1&s_category=[/url]
Old 10-15-2005, 09:46 AM

Exclamation Okay not much help so far but....

Alright. I found a project. It is the effect of electricity on plant germination. Now I need to put together a hypothesis, procedure and list of materials. Can you people help? For the hypothesis I think it is going to have a positive effect, but I need help wording it. I have a book that explains how to make like a 3 volt battery, so do you think that would be too strong? I do not want to kill the plants. Also where should I "apply" the electricity? To the roots? But how would I do that without digging up the plants. Oh, and does anybody have any idea what kind of plants would be best to use in this experiment. They have to be sturdy, and grow up not out so I can measure them. I was thinking maybe I could buy seeds and electricute them before I planted them. Hehe this is gonna be fun. Again any help is apprieciated.