All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Chemistry (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 03-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team C)
Expert Contributor

All Knowing is truly a scientist!
Send a message via AIM to All Knowing Send a message via MSN to All Knowing Send a message via Yahoo to All Knowing
Exclamation Chlorofluorocarbons

My dad works with Air-Conditioning, and uses a bunch of freon. Did you know that if you release (CFC'S) into the air it's a 1,000$ fine. CFC'S sre the reason why global warming will come. You see CFC'S deplete the ozone layer, which protects us from most of the heat. If we deplete to much, use to much Chlorofluorocarbons than we could die. The sun would melt all the ice in the ocean, causing it to rise and to flood the world. Crops would die. If they dont die from water drowing the sun is to intense for them to live. So please if your working with and type of Chlorofluorocarbons(cfc) please be careful. Any thing else that anyone wants to add just post a comment.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

I don't think CFCs are the ones that cause global warming. They deplete the ozone layer, but recently, the ozone's been healing. Global warming is a bigger issue though...b/c it's hard to find a replacement for fossil fuels that release carbon dioxide. Also, it's very hard to reverse this. The temperature has risen some four degrees.

Anyways, CFCs aren't only in ACs. They're also in refrigerators. It's good CFC isn't used anymore...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman
Question

just out of interest, in what country does that fine apply?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team C)
Expert Contributor

Send a message via AIM to All Knowing Send a message via MSN to All Knowing Send a message via Yahoo to All Knowing
Exclamation Well

I know for a fact that it is in affect fro the United States of America but i have no clue about Canada. Im using my telepathic senses to see that where you live. Am i right? People still use CFC'S always, but think the alternative is hfc's>?>?>? I got some good info from TheOzoneHole.com Its a good website. If you need to know anything about CFC'S just go there. CFC'S are made up of 3 different types of elements. 1 Carbon, 3 Chlorines, 1 fluorine. I wouldve put it in scientfic form but i cant because its on comp. On that site it says that the CFC'S can be benifitial to the ozone because the atmosphere doesnt have many fluorine molecules. If we dont stop and let the ozone heal then the cancer rate would increase. Millions upon millions would die from being drowned when it floods. Crop would burn. It would be horrible hard to live. You cant find much iinfo about the fine but my dad is in th A/C buisness and his friend got a fine for it. The government might have to stop the cfc use all together because many people have died breaking into A/C pipes and sucking on the freon. They get "high" from this. I hoped my info will help all who want to read about it. GOOD LUCK. Semper fi
Old 03-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Trainee Mentor (Team D)
Regular Contributor

theBman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to theBman Send a message via Skype™ to theBman
Smile

thanks for that info, it was helpful. you must have ESP or somthing. i do live in canada.

BTW, who would be stupid enough to try and get high on freon???
Old 03-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team C)
Expert Contributor

Wink Lol

idk people do it alot. Alot of people talk about it around school. They said it makes your voice really high pitched or really low pitched like darth vader
Old 03-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team C)
Expert Contributor

Wink Lol

ohh yes i do have espn! i saw that coming!
Old 04-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team C)
Expert Contributor

Default ah

Scratch that i just found out its not 1 thousand, its 10,000