All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 9-12 Science Fair Projects > Chemistry (Grades 9-12)
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Expert Contributor

colleen_13 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via AIM to colleen_13
Default Science Project, need ideas

I am working to go to the National Science Fair again this year for the 4th time. In the past I have been working on Physics and a little Biology, but this year I was hoping to do something in the Chemistry part. I just don't know what project I could do. If you could give me ideas or websites that are decent and knowledgable, please send them in email, private message, or this thread. thanks so much!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Mentor/Forum Moderator

RaZoR is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via AIM to RaZoR

Here are a few project ideas:

Can you make Alka-Seltzer dissolve faster with varying the temperature of the water?

What explodes the best? Diet Coke and Mentos, Diet Pepsi and Mentos, or generic diet soda and Mentos? (recommended, very fun)

What happens to salt, sugar, and starch when it is put into a pot of boiling water? Which disappears the fastest? (or some other variation of the project)

__________________________________________________ __

You could also try using this site: [url]http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/Intro-Chemistry.shtml?gclid=CNOJ7NeMh5cCFQGbnAodSTzg-w[/url]

ScienceBuddies is a very good information site on what type of project that you might want to do. It will give you project ideas depending what grade you might be in, and the ideas are very creative and (usually) very fun.

You might also want to check up on this site's records of science project ideas and chemistry ideas. If you want to mix it up and use chemistry with a little of biology, I'm pretty sure you can search that in ScienceBuddies, but I'm not willing to bet anything on it.

__________________________________________________ __

I wish you the best, and I hope that your project works out very well. Do me a favor and tell me what happens after the fair!

Hope this helped.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Expert Contributor

colleen_13 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via AIM to colleen_13
Default thanks!

Hi, Thankd you SO much!! This really helped!