All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade 6-8 Science Fair Projects > Physics (Grades 6-8)
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2006, 04:54 PM

tomiboi93 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Exclamation Color of Drink Affect it's taste?? HELP?!?!?!

Hi im a 7th grade student and I need to know where to find info on a question( Does the color of a drink affect its taste) like if you make a red drink purple will it change its taste? PLz post websites where I can get info on this topic...

P.S. Dont say this site I already checked THX GUYS
Old 03-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team C)

science ace #1 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to science ace #1
Arrow

how about search engines???
have you checked them out??
here are some 4 u!!!

[url]www.google.com[/url]
[url]www.yahoo.com[/url]
[url]www.ask.com[/url]
[url]www.yahooligans.com[/url]
[url]www.altavista.com[/url]

i realize my love for you was strong (L)
Old 03-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomiboi93
Hi im a 7th grade student and I need to know where to find info on a question( Does the color of a drink affect its taste) like if you make a red drink purple will it change its taste? PLz post websites where I can get info on this topic...

P.S. Dont say this site I already checked THX GUYS
Well, look at it this way. Do you know how you taste things? Taste bids (chemical receptors) on your tongue. It depends on the chemicals on your tongue, right? So the key is, how do you make your drink change flavor? If only the color changed, then the taste wouldn't have changed. But if you added a dye with a flavor or a chemical that the tongue can sense, then the taste would change. But you can't measure how the taste can change.

I suggest you to drop this experiement, because there's no way to say this is more sour than this, because you can't taste something and measure how sour it is. The taste is affected by what you drank before, how much water in your mouth, etc.

Try another topic related to color or taste. I think color would be easier. How about does the color of a liquid affect its ability to absorb heat?
Old 05-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Regular Contributor

flyingpiggy is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Lightbulb method

hi

i think i can help u out im doing a science project at the moment with the same topic as yours
my method is to get some different flavoured fizzy drinks eg berry orage
ask my tester to close their euyes and drink i will see if they can tell me falvour
hope it helps