All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Don't Have Any Ideas Yet? > Middle School Science Fair Project Ideas
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2006, 08:04 PM

soundman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Exclamation Musical Science Project

Hey there. I'm new to this forum..I was wondering if anybody could help me come up with a science project that has to do with music. And not things where you have to experiment on human beings, or psychology (i.e."does music affect your mathematical skills?", or "do people do better when listening to classical music") ..or the dumb "does music make plants grow?" thingy. I have about 3 weeks, but my research report is due this friday. any help would be appreciated a lot. I want to do something on music because it's something that really interests me. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Mentor

Caboose38924 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Thumbs up Musical Science Project

Well, I wouldn't say that it is a dumb project. The plants project is actually a really good one.(It got my friend a first place ribbon in our science fair)
All that you have to do is take the same type of plant depending on how many different types of music you are using, (one per type) and play the music next to it periodically for about 30 minute intervals. Then, let them grow. Good luck with your project!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

As for a research project, it'll be a bit more hard to research.

However, research the qualities of sound and how is music different from regular sound. Also, the different types of music have what kind of tones, pitches, timbres, and what those are. Basically, research the qualities of sound, and ask if these qualities (the frequencies, wavelengths,etc) would have an effect on music.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:37 PM

soundman is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

Thanks you guys. I figured something out..my project is "How does the amount of water in a wine glass change it's sound?". It's a really neat topic. I could make it more broad, but that would take too long, and I only have about 2 weeks. Thanks for the suggestions.