All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Get Help for Your Grade K - 5 Science Fair Projects > Simple Projects (Grades K-5)
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Mad Scientist
Expert Contributor

Mad Scientist is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default Excellent suggestion for a simple Maglev train

However, you might need a pretty long train of magnets, plus, the track probably needs to have a hemispherical cross-section to ensure that there's magnetic repelling from the sides (to keep the train on the "track"). A computer CPU fan would do the trick of propelling it forward - good thinking.

PS: If you don't mind, I deleted the link to the magnet sales page, as we don't allow direct linking to online stores or links of a commercial nature in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:10 PM

Sciprojdad is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Default maglev science project

My son would like to build a maglev train for a 5th grade science project. Is it easy to build the aluminum track and is it relatively easy to put a computer fan on back?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:10 AM
Trainee Mentor (Team B)
Regular Contributor

Jeezylovescience is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Cool Here's something

Every thing would be easy except putting a computer fan on the back. But if you sit and think for a while there would be nothing to it. Good Luck!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:05 AM

siddhantmutha is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Question Where to get magnets.......???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
However, you might need a pretty long train of magnets, plus, the track probably needs to have a hemispherical cross-section to ensure that there's magnetic repelling from the sides (to keep the train on the "track"). A computer CPU fan would do the trick of propelling it forward - good thinking.

PS: If you don't mind, I deleted the link to the magnet sales page, as we don't allow direct linking to online stores or links of a commercial nature in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.
Hello
Can anyone tell me where would i get magnets in aurangabad(maharashtra,india)?
please.........

email: [email]siddhantmutha@gmail.com[/email]