All Science Fair Projects  

Science Project Forum

Welcome to the Mad Scientist's Forum! Join thousands of other students who've received help from the Mad Scientist and our science Mentors!
Register first, then post your questions below. Registration takes only 1 minute! Meet the Mad Scientist
Lost your
password?
Go Back   All Science Fair Projects > Don't Have Any Ideas Yet? > Middle School Science Fair Project Ideas
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2006, 09:40 AM

Neil is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via ICQ to Neil Send a message via AIM to Neil Send a message via MSN to Neil Send a message via Yahoo to Neil
Question Creative Ideas

I'm looking for advanced ideas relating to aeronautics, engineering, electronics, physics, real science as I call it.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Neil Send a message via AIM to Neil Send a message via MSN to Neil Send a message via Yahoo to Neil
Default Please!

Please assist! I really need this soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It just needs to do with Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, or just suggest anything!
Old 08-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Mentor (Team B)

minnie30567746 is truly a scientist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I'm looking for advanced ideas relating to aeronautics, engineering, electronics, physics, real science as I call it.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you would like to do electronics, you could build a parrt or whole computer. I know, itr sounds very massive, but if you only want to build a part, you could build a mouse. It is very simple, not too complex, and you could leave to bottom off to show how it works.

If you want to do this, a book I reccomend is How Computers Work. It is a book that shows almost any component of a computer that you could think of, and it tells how it works. I can get the author of it too, if this sounds interesting to you.
I see you have built a new lightsaber. Your training is complete. -Darth Vader
Old 08-22-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks for replying but I need a "question" to begin the project. Such as my project last year:

"Does the Intensity of Light Affect the Power Output of Solar Cells?"

What would be a "question" that would relate to the building of hardware?

I'm also wondering if anybody has any ideas relating to lasers, environmental technology, hydrogen fuel technology, or water purification.

Please help!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Mentor (Team B)

minnie30567746 is truly a scientist!

YOu could ask many questions. One could be

Is a laser mouse more reliable than an (I can't remember the word, just the ones with the ball in the bottom) older mouse.

To experiment with this, you could preform a series of tests with the two types of mice (I assume you have a computer, if not, tell me). The only demeaning factor would be the cost. Depending on what kind of mouse you have for your computer, it might not be as costly, because if you already have a laser on, you could probably get an older one with the ball in it for a small amount at a thrift store or refurbished electronics. Keep in mind, that would factor into your experiment, the age of the electronic you are testing.

A sample test could be timing how long it takes for a right click to show up. This could be timed with a stopwatch, although you would have to be very quick!!!! This would tell you which one has a faster wire connection.

Again, I am just giving you a few ideas. Keep in mind that there is a very big electronics world out there, so don't be shy to explore any aspect of it!
I see you have built a new lightsaber. Your training is complete. -Darth Vader
Old 08-24-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Thanks, but...

Thanks, but I don't think that would be a good question because it is obvious that a laser would travel faster than the traditional wire system. Unless it is a fiber-optic cable, which I don't think is available. Thanks...

I have some ideas already; I'm just looking for something amazingly awesome . So, if it's not that good, no need, thanks anyway!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:33 PM

purpl_dazee is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here

maybe you should make your topic on how stars twinkle.