Thread: I'm confused!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team A)

dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud! dreamerofeternity would have made Einstein proud!

As for your project on electricity, do you understand electrolytes? How about you test which sports drink provide the most electrolytes. I want you to understand how electrolytes work. Because I can see so many good experiments in that field, but you have to understand it first. You can also test what substance is the best electrolyte. You'll need complicated equipemnt (electricity sensor.) If you can't get it, it won't work.

You can also investigate the glowing pickle. Since pickle is pickled in salt, the salt dissociates into Na+ and Cl-. These cations and anions allow an open circuit to be closed. But they will be used up by donating/receving electrons from the circuit and thereby producing hydrogen gas.

Research this, since I don't explain things very well, but I believe there's a good project for you to do here, though you'll need complicated equipment. Check to see that your school has an electrolyte sensor.

Good luck!