View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Senior Mentor (Leader, Team C)

science ace #1 is helpful, nice and has lots of friends here
Send a message via MSN to science ace #1
Default here are some judjing criterias

here are some things that judges look 4 in your project...

JUDGING CRITERIA

CREATIVE ABILITY: Is this an original idea or an original approach to a new idea? Both are good. Did you show ingenuity in the materials, apparatus and techniques or did you just buy a kit? Did you demonstrate the ability to improvise and adapt? Is the project a collection, is it a purposeful one?

SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT: Does your exhibit show: organized procedures, accurate observations, controlled experiments, cause and effect reasoning, theories, analysis and synthesis? Weight is given to the likely amount of real study and effort represented in the exhibit. The project cannot be just a demonstration or an attractive display.

THOROUGHNESS: How completely have you explored or studied the problem? You should record evidence you have gathered as data in notebooks, journals, or log books. Include bibliographies, charts, tables, and graphs. Be sure to identify experimental organisms and/or apparatus.

SKILL: Is your workmanship good? Do you show evidence of mastery of techniques? Did you construct your own apparatus? Overall construction and "look" of the project should be neat, organized, easy to read, sturdy, and self supporting.

CLARITY: Does the display clearly explain what you did? A neatly written, well organized backboard that is easy to follow provides clarity. Things which insure clarity are: labels, guide marks, well written descriptions, emphasis on important items, labeled graphs, labeled tables, legends underneath graphs and tables. Which of these does your display have?

i realize my love for you was strong (L)