All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chemistry (Grades 9-12) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   making saltwater into frestwater (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1602)

jojospower 02-22-2006 06:43 AM

making saltwater into frestwater

:confused: i need help no how to make saltwater into to the frestwater that we can use. if any one can help me let me know. e-mail me if you have to. thank you for your time and hope to here from you. [email]jojospower@yahoo.com[/email] :confused: help help help help i do not have what i need for the next turn in. :eek: let me know help help help

dreamerofeternity 02-22-2006 09:30 AM

Distillation. First, boiling the water into water vapor and leaving the salt behind. Then cooling the water vapor into water (in another container). Though, if you only want to see how much salt is in the water, then you can just evaporate the water off. Or you can just weigh it. Cause water's density is 1 g/mL, just weigh the water (in grams) and see you much water you have, and subtract the two to get the weight of the salt.

Good luck!

dreamerofeternity 02-23-2006 10:47 AM

Well, I think the set up is for you to figure out. The way I did it (since I had access to the equipment), is boil the water in a beaker with a rubber stopper. Inside the rubber stopped is a glass tube that leads to a conscending tube wrapped in another tube. In the space between the two tubes, cold water is cooling the water vapor in the inner tube. The inner tube leads to a beaker where purified water is contained (also called distilled water) and the cold water (then warmed) goes back to the sink through a rubber hose.

(Exactly why I didn't mention it in the first place and gave you other suggestions other to distillation.) Good luck!

jojospower 02-24-2006 04:56 AM

i may be able to help you do what you would like to do.

jojospower 02-27-2006 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamerofeternity
Well, I think the set up is for you to figure out. The way I did it (since I had access to the equipment), is boil the water in a beaker with a rubber stopper. Inside the rubber stopped is a glass tube that leads to a conscending tube wrapped in another tube. In the space between the two tubes, cold water is cooling the water vapor in the inner tube. The inner tube leads to a beaker where purified water is contained (also called distilled water) and the cold water (then warmed) goes back to the sink through a rubber hose.

(Exactly why I didn't mention it in the first place and gave you other suggestions other to distillation.) Good luck!

thanks for all the help i thank that it will help us out and i know that you have one to do to and you helping us is so nice thankyou and i will tell the girl that i got this for that you to jojospower:D

prettyeyes85 02-27-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojospower
thanks for all the help i thank that it will help us out and i know that you have one to do to and you helping us is so nice thankyou and i will tell the girl that i got this for that you to jojospower:D

jojospower do you have a yahoo name

Grinner 02-27-2006 12:53 PM

Private Message

Try not to just make conversation on the thread. If it is a simple question you could just privite message him.