All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Administrative Matters (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Avatars (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221)

satfire311 01-18-2006 02:38 PM

The Avatars

Recently, Mad Scientist was nice enough to get us some new avatars. But, he had to delete the funny cartoon section, because some members had issues with them because the characters were all from the morally corrupt show "South Park." Now, I am not saying wether I agree or disagree with this, but I think that we should have a funny cartoons section with different characters. I think that we should all decide what to do.

satfire311 01-23-2006 11:54 AM

Suggestions

Does anyone else have an opinion? Maybe we could think of some topics for new Avatars if we change the section.

BroadwayBaby 01-23-2006 03:05 PM

I was one of the ones who stated their opinion about that show, but now, another section troubles me. Although I believe that we should keep these avatars, the "Family section" is all cartoons from the popular show, the Simposons. I, once again, find this show morally corrupt and annoying, although not to the extent of South Park. I feel, although Mad was very kind in finding more avatars, (thanks again mad!,) I think we should have more generic avatars and less ones that are specific to different shows. I however, absolutly love all the other new avatars that Mad picked out, and I believe we owe hin a hand. (I especially love the new animal avatars!) So, all in all, he made some innocent mistakes, seeing as he had never watched any of those shows, but in the end... the results were fantasic! Mad, you are truly an inspiration!:angel:

satfire311 01-23-2006 03:09 PM

The Show

To tell you the truth, and don't take this the wrong way BB, but I think that you are being slightly critical about the avatars. But, in any case, what does everyone else think?

sciencefreak 01-23-2006 09:50 PM

In my opinion, those who don't like an avatar (no offence to anyone) don't use it. Except South Park, I don't think there's anything wrong with them.
Please don't take my opinion to heart.

satfire311 01-24-2006 03:19 AM

Good Idea

I understand where your coming from, but I just thought of something, what if the people aren't alot to watch those shows? I think that we would have a problem there.

pluto929 01-24-2006 02:24 PM

Hey

i'm a newcomer but i heard you said something about cartoon avatars, what are they, and plus personally i love the simpsons, b/c it portrays a very realistic family (don't tell me homer squeezing the breath out of bart isn't realistic) and plus i know alot of smart girls whose brothers...are lets just said, the total oppoiste, but i agree if there's avatars about South Park, some people might not like it.

BroadwayBaby 01-25-2006 11:41 AM

Well, as I said, we should not take those avatars off, and I would totally respect anyone who uses them. So, I agree with Sciencefreak 110%. My post might be a little confusing, but that's what I really meant, as well as praising Mad for a job well done!

dreamerofeternity 01-25-2006 12:53 PM

I don't watch South Park, so I couldn't comment on that. But I think avatars is a personal choice. Just don't use avatars you don't like. Also, a picture won't make much of a difference.