All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Teams (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   New Team System (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1711)

Mad Scientist 03-14-2006 08:32 AM

New Team System

With immediate effect, after discussion with our Mentors, we've decided to group all Mentors and Trainees into teams. This is to help improve the quality of the Mentor Training Program, and provide even better guidance and encouragement to all of our aspiring mentors! :wink:

There will be 5 teams altogether:

1. Forum Litter Patrol
2. Team A
3. Team B
4. Team C
5. Team D

The leaders of the teams are:

1. Forum Litter Patrol - BroadwayBaby
2. Team A - Dreamerofeternity
3. Team B - Satfire311
4. Team C - Science Ace #1
5. Team D - BrainyGirl

BroadwayBaby, Dreamer, Satfire, Science Ace, BrainyGirl have been promoted to Senior Mentor. Congratulations! :star:

Who's in my team? see here [url]http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showgroups.php[/url]

Each of Teams A to D have at least 2 other Mentors specifically assigned to those teams.

The Mentors in each team will be responsible for providing guidance and encouragement to all Trainee Mentors in their Team. The Mentors will also haved the discretion to decide whether a Trainee Mentor is ready to be promoted to become a full mentor. More details on this will be worked out and announced later.

Anyone who would like to become a Trainee Mentor, will have to apply to join one of the 4 Teams A to D. All existing Trainee Mentors have been placed in one of the 4 Teams in no particular order.

dreamerofeternity 03-14-2006 12:53 PM

Can I get a list of the trainee mentors and mentors in Team A? Sorry if I'm asking too much...:o It's just that I don't go to many parts of this forum, and if I get a list of the people, I can actively look at what they've posted instead of stumbling upon them by chance.

science ace #1 03-14-2006 04:00 PM

same here! please.... :)

thanxxxx sooooo much 4 the promotion!!!
your the BEST Mad!!!

SmartyC 03-14-2006 05:18 PM

Like the system

This is a better way of deciding if a T-Mentor is ready to be a Mentor. This is so cool.

Now we won't have like 50 mentors around here just collecting dust. The promotion will go to the ones who deserve it.

Mad Scientist 03-14-2006 06:50 PM

Who's in my group

See <a href="http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8097#post8097">this thread</a> for an explanation on how to see who is in your group.

Also, whenever you look at a Mentor or Trainee's name, you will see beside his name, what Team he or she belongs to.

Mad Scientist 03-14-2006 06:56 PM

You deserve to be a Team leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by science ace #1
same here! please.... :)

thanxxxx sooooo much 4 the promotion!!!
your the BEST Mad!!!

Thanks to your intelligence and helpfulness, you've contributed very significantly to make the Science Project Forum the largest and most informative forum for young scientists in the world. Let's see how we can make our Forum even more exciting and helpful!

Mad Scientist 03-14-2006 06:58 PM

Knowing who's in your team

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamerofeternity
Can I get a list of the trainee mentors and mentors in Team A? Sorry if I'm asking too much...:o It's just that I don't go to many parts of this forum, and if I get a list of the people, I can actively look at what they've posted instead of stumbling upon them by chance.

Hi there Dreamer,

I've posted on how you can see who's in your Team. The moment you accept a regular member into your Team as a Trainee, his or her name will automatically be included in the list.

Mad Scientist 03-14-2006 07:02 PM

Quality control

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartyC
This is a better way of deciding if a T-Mentor is ready to be a Mentor. This is so cool.

Now we won't have like 50 mentors around here just collecting dust. The promotion will go to the ones who deserve it.

Absolutely SmartyC. Thanks for your patience - we've been trying to figure out what's the best way to do this, and thanks especially to Dreamerofeternity for helping us fine-tune this idea. We'll be improving our structure as we go along. One of the things that we're going to start working on immediately, is to remove the inactive Trainee's from the Training Program, so that others who are serious will have a chance to participate.

Mad Scientist 03-14-2006 07:04 PM

Calling all Team Leaders and Team Mentors

All Team Leaders and Mentors, please make a bee-line for the Mentors Corner.

Your feedback and suggestions on how to improve and fine-tune our Training Program is essential! See you there!

All Knowing 03-21-2006 10:24 AM

Hey mad i have a ? Y exactly did we split into teams? and does teams a- d mean something like classes a good contributurs and d not so good?

dreamerofeternity 03-21-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Knowing
Hey mad i have a ? Y exactly did we split into teams? and does teams a- d mean something like classes a good contributurs and d not so good?

No. It was split alphabetically. It was a way for several mentors to look over the trainnee mentors more efficiently.

Mad Scientist 03-23-2006 08:31 AM

Science Mentors and Teams

That's right - it's to help make things easier to manage - there's no ranking between teams - we chose A to D to keep things simple.

All Knowing 03-24-2006 06:59 AM

Ok thats all i need to know thx. How do yall decide if we can become mentors or not?

P.S. goto search and type "bomb" check out my cool idea

satfire311 03-24-2006 11:48 AM

Mentor Selection

We decide when to promote Trainees after we monitor your posts, then we all talk and decide what to do. Just contribute and give good posts and your on your way!

dreamerofeternity 03-24-2006 02:32 PM

Here are some general things we (the mentors look at while the trainee mentees are posting.

-The most important, I believe is, is the information you post up helpful? If someone wants to know something about the microscrope, for example, you shouldn't write "microscopes are cool." Sometimes people misunderstand being helpful as having to have an answer to everything. Sometimes, being helpful means thinking of possible ideas, not necessarily the right ones.

-How clear are your posts? Please, please do not use internet acronyms and PUNCTUATION. dOnt yOu tHinK this is HaRD to READ it is aLso VeRY AnnoYIn nO one KnOws wHeRe ur senTenCes sTarT and EnD iT doEnt hElp cLariFY ur wRitiNg You get my point.

-Also, important is how do you treat your mentees, fellow trainee mentees, and mentors. Be nice. Enough said.

Somethings I look for, though I think most of the other mentors would agree with me is QUESTIONS. What questions do you ask?

First of all, I'm very happy that you ask these questions, because no one in my team has asked me so far what I'm looking for.

Mad Scientist 03-26-2006 07:09 AM

Becoming a Mentor

One more thing that we look out for is how frequently and consistently the trainee participates in our forum discussions. We're looking for young scientists who have a genuine interest in sharing their knowledge, and learning from others here at the Science Project Forum. A simple indication of how interested a person is, would be how regularly he or she contributes! :)

lifescience* 03-27-2006 04:35 PM

Mentor

Thanx so much for making a tranii mentor

Mad Scientist 04-02-2006 09:27 AM

You're welcome

Glad to see that you're enjoying this. You've been very helpful. One small suggestion (and this goes out to all of our Trainee Mentors) - do be careful of typos and write in clear, complete sentences - it will help others understand what you're trying to say. :star:

Lindsay 10-01-2006 01:29 AM

What team am I?Sorry I

dreamerofeternity 10-01-2006 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsay
What team am I?Sorry I

You don't have a team until you join a trainee group.

RaZoR 10-11-2006 02:54 PM

Please explain how to join a trainee group? :confused:

~RaZoR

Raven_Lore 10-12-2006 12:34 PM

Help?

click on top....Be a mentor

RaZoR 10-12-2006 12:37 PM

Figured that out awhile ago, but thanks...

Queen of spades 10-19-2006 06:09 AM

I need help!

I need mager help on a science fair project for my star student! IT has to be hatching chickens! HELP!:eek:

RaZoR 10-19-2006 12:00 PM

I suggest you bring this to an appropriate place in these Forums because then it will be answered much quicker.

Houdini 10-26-2006 02:59 PM

do the team orders have anything to do with the ranking of trainee mentors or mentors or senior mentors? if u know, i would like to know. im jw. lol

jmanawsome 02-08-2009 09:47 AM

What the?

I signed up for forum litter patrol, Team A, and Team D a few days ago. When will my request be taken intto concideration?

Also, could a Computer team be made for the people who help others in computer related stuff? That would be so cool.

RaZoR 02-11-2009 07:17 AM

Many of our mentors are not active right now, and it's pretty sad. Mad Scientist is really the only mentor besides me that logs on these days... And I'm not a Team leader, I'm only a moderator.

It'll be a little, but you should prove yourself to us with some really good posts.

Good luck. :)

~Razor