All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Biology (Grades 9-12) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Cloning plants (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1468)

Slyfox922 02-06-2006 03:22 PM

Cloning plants

I'm tryin to do a project on how to clone plants......any ideas?
Come on i need it fast like by 2morrow!!!!!!!!!

dreamerofeternity 02-06-2006 04:59 PM

Once again, you have stumbled into a problem many others have been. You started out with such a complicated and big topic. Narrow down your topic.

How about you try to perform an experiment on ONE aspect of cloning? I'm not sure about the process of cloning, but cloning to animals is similar to vegetative propagation to plants.

Try researching about vegetative propagation, which is making a plant exactly like another plant by taking a piece of that plant and making that piece into a new plant. For example, you take a leaf and the leaf grows into a new plant. Grafting is taking a branch of one plant and putting it on the trunk of another. I don't know if one of the realms of vegetative propagation will provide a link for you on cloning. But can you perform more of an experience than an experiment? You can try performing the different various of kinds of vegetative propagation and use it more as an experience.

Or you can choose one kind of vegetative propagation and ask what plants work with this kind, or this plant works with how many kinds of vegetative propagation. (Since not all plants could perform all different kinds of vegetative propagation.)

Good luck!

Slyfox922 02-07-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamerofeternity
Once again, you have stumbled into a problem many others have been. You started out with such a complicated and big topic. Narrow down your topic.

How about you try to perform an experiment on ONE aspect of cloning? I'm not sure about the process of cloning, but cloning to animals is similar to vegetative propagation to plants.

Try researching about vegetative propagation, which is making a plant exactly like another plant by taking a piece of that plant and making that piece into a new plant. For example, you take a leaf and the leaf grows into a new plant. Grafting is taking a branch of one plant and putting it on the trunk of another. I don't know if one of the realms of vegetative propagation will provide a link for you on cloning. But can you perform more of an experience than an experiment? You can try performing the different various of kinds of vegetative propagation and use it more as an experience.

Or you can choose one kind of vegetative propagation and ask what plants work with this kind, or this plant works with how many kinds of vegetative propagation. (Since not all plants could perform all different kinds of vegetative propagation.)

Good luck!

thanx........were actually looking into vegetation propagation now i need to find some rockwool for the project :)