All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Most Popular Discussions (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Why we can dance? (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73)

Alese 08-25-2005 11:32 AM

why we can dance?

Hi:
I am in 11th grade. I like to do a project about dancing. Why we can dance? What laws help us to dance? Can we alter those laws in a way that help us to dance better? Does equilibrium have to do something with dancing? How?
I like to study dancing in another perspective.
Thanks!,
Alese :)

Mad Scientist 08-25-2005 07:38 PM

Interesting science project

Hi Alese,

Great idea - in fact, your project is very novel. However, you might want to refine your hypothesis a little more. Instead of asking "why can we dance?", perhaps you could make a guess as to what helps human beings dance. If you can determine what really makes a person a good dancer, and test your assumption with various subjects, then you will be making a discovery! :)

Alese 08-26-2005 07:03 AM

Alese's Science project

Thanks for help me with my project. I see what you means about the hypothesis. I think it will be something like: Besides talent and practice, what forces (or something like that) help a person to be a grat dancer?
What do you think? When you say different subjects, what do you means?
Thanks again,
Alese ;)

Mad Scientist 08-26-2005 11:12 AM

Hi there!

You might want to hazard a guess as to what makes a person a better dancer. Then, frame your hypothesis like this :

"[my guess] makes a person a better dancer"

subjects means people. You should test your experiment with as many people as possible to get as accurate a result as possible.

Let us know how your project goes!

ScienceIsCool 09-03-2005 03:56 PM

Hypothesis: A person's body structure is a factor in helping him/her dance better?

First of all, we need to determine what it means to "dance better"
nicer form?
more fancy moves?
nimbler foot work?

Some things to think about:

Considering foot work: Could a lean/slim person be more nimble in moving her feet?
Considering nicer form: Does a person's body shape/structure affect the overall form?

Alese 09-08-2005 01:20 PM

Can we dance with physics?

Thanks for all the help you are giving me. I was thinking, can I direct my project to explain the process of dancing and the physics laws or others that make this possible? How mass, or volume, or something else affect dancing?
Thanks,
Alese :)

Mad Scientist 09-08-2005 06:28 PM

Physics and Dance

Sure, of course you can experiment on whether there's a correlation between a person's mass and his/her dancing skills/abilities.

wisteria 09-17-2005 04:32 AM

just trying to help

well it could be also our flexability to help us to dance as well I think physics will show why we can dance.

sciencefreak 09-17-2005 06:39 AM

the balancing act

you could also go into how our ears are the ones actually responsible for our balance. the fluid in our ears helps us stand and move without tripping.
also, the centre of gravity which dancers have to maintain is an important aspect.
good luck,
sciencefreak

ScienceIsCool 09-17-2005 09:57 AM

Sciencefreak's suggestion about the inner ear's involvement in balance is a GREAT IDEA. That is cool thinking!