All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Great Scientists (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Evolution!!! (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529)

wisteria 11-07-2005 03:05 AM

Evolution!!!

what is evolution? :confused:
it is a gradual genstic change in a group of living things.

well the evolution theory was Charles's Darwin's theory as he went around the world. he found flinches (small birds sorry about the spelling) they had similar characterlistics which started to make him think... it acctually changed science history's theory forever... :p

Darwin's theory was basied on three oservations: :confused:

+ That living things vary.

+ That all living things can pass on their characteristics. (adaptation)

+ That all living things are involved in a struggle for survival. (survival for the fittiest)

we are also part of this evolution but it also clashes with religion too as well as philosophy...

we get proof that a certain species are extinct by fossils there are different types of fossiles they are:

+ petrification
+ mineralisation
+ moulds
+ footprints
+ bones

scientists who study fossils are called PALAEONTOLOGISTS.

fossil remains of the human evolution and another species of humans believed to have died out the neanderthal man. :eek:

more to come...

BroadwayBaby 11-07-2005 06:01 PM

Evolution or Creation

There has always been that question of evolution vs. creation. But, I believe that life is a combination of the two. What are your thoughts?

wisteria 11-07-2005 09:44 PM

well my thoughts are more well mixed it is quite hard to choose religion from science...

more to come...

BroadwayBaby 11-09-2005 12:24 PM

I agree!!!!!

satfire311 11-10-2005 03:24 PM

I again have to go with the creation theory. Read the bible sometime it sheds alot of light on the subject

wisteria 11-12-2005 04:32 AM

reply and continue...

yeah I've read the Bible but the Bible is not just straight from there we have to interperate it in an abstract way not literally (learnt it in religion class). well there have been a thought that all the species has to have come from one particular ansistor (sorry of spelling just had exams) anyway earth was thought to be once (land) to be a big massive land (pangea) then it broke apart and some andimals were separated. so they slowly evolved and the genetic stracture is pass on to the offspring so they evolved to suit the environment.

it is quite hard to tell which is right but as I say i'm mixed in thought...

wisteria 12-03-2005 12:17 AM

it seems my other thread Universe is a big hit! I just put up a new thread " Hippocratic & Hippocratic oath"...

more to come...

wisteria 12-10-2005 10:57 PM

continue...

could evolution help us find the origin of earth/ universe?

more to come...

rachaelroxursox2 12-25-2005 04:05 PM

Religion vs. Science

Well, its really interpretation with the whole evolution bible thing, I don't want to get all biblical on you here but in the bible time wasn't invented till the 4th day so doesn't that leave the first 4 days to be more then just 24 hours?

wisteria 12-27-2005 07:45 PM

reply and continue...

true for the bible but what does science think? I'm a christan too but when it comes to belief in religion and science I'll to go with both... who knows what's after death and beyond?:confused:

more to come...