All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Biology (Grades K-5) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   answer this quick!! (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469)

jellybeans 10-29-2005 12:33 PM

I have a question(7thgradescience fair)

i am planning on doing human psychology for LA science fair.
are there any good websites about human psychology?
Also if you know answer for this question, "is it possible to know someone's behind you by instinct like in scary movies? if so, HOW?" please tell me.
the question above is going to be my topic for the science fair.
can you tell me if that topic is unique and good for sf?(SCIENCE FAIR)
THANK YOU~!

jellybeans 10-29-2005 01:23 PM

New Idea~!!!!!

IS it possible to know someone's behind you by instinct like in scary movies?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I just thought this would
be interesting ^_^
this falls under human psychology!!
plz tell me wat u think.

ScienceIsCool 10-29-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybeans
IS it possible to know someone's behind you by instinct like in scary movies?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I just thought this would
be interesting ^_^
this falls under human psychology!!
plz tell me wat u think.

Hey that's an interesting experiment! You should get a few subjects and design an experiment to test out whether they know people are behind them.

The trick is they shouldn't be EXPECTING someone to come behind them - so you cannot tell them ahead of time that someone is going to come up behind them and that their job is to guess when.

You can do this in a neutral environment where there are no influences such as "watching a scary movie". Then you can do a whole new set of experiments where there ARE influences.

You can then tabulate the results, to see if there's any marked difference when factors are introduced.

This would make a solid project - but you'll need friends/people to be your subjects.

The main point is - put thought into designing the experiment. That will impress the judges.

jellybeans 10-29-2005 07:38 PM

answer this quick!!

i am planning on doing human psychology for LA science fair.
are there any good websites about human psychology?
Also if you know answer for this question, "is it possible to know someone's behind you by instinct like in scary movies? if so, HOW?" please tell me.
the question above is going to be my topic for the science fair.
can you tell me if that topic is unique and good for sf?(SCIENCE FAIR)
THANK YOU~!

satfire311 11-10-2005 03:34 PM

Just so you know, all people have that instinct. In some people it is stronger than others. It helps if you have good hearing.(If you have good hearing you can hear if people behind you are breathing, signaling that someone is there) I have really good hearing, so I can say I have this instinct.