All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Biology (Grades 9-12) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   high expectations for national science project (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377)

scifi101 10-16-2005 12:19 PM

high expectations

hi,
i'm currently a grade ten student i have previously completed three successful science fair projects that have taken me to the national level. the topics have been on the removal of hydrocarbons from diesel fuel contaminated soil using bioremediation and phytoremdiation. this year i want to start something new. i would like to get on the stage at the national level. i'm interested in optometry. the human eye fascinates me but i'm not sure where to start. the major problem i have is that its is expected of me to win once again the regional fair this year. its tough knowing i have to do so well because i don't want to let myself down or my friends and family. a second problem i have is i live in a small northern community where there are very few resources. the closest city is a two and a half hour drive. if someone could help me out as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

minnie30567746 10-30-2005 03:44 PM

well,

I am afraid that I am definitly not at your level, I am only 12, so, anyway, here is my simplistic idea. Maybe you can see how the human eye sees different types of light. If you take a triangular prism and shine a flahlight into one side, a rainbow will come out the other side. Maybe you can see what will happen when you shine a diffferent collor light into it and what different shapes will change the pattern of light coming out the other side. Good Luck!

ScienceIsCool 10-30-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scifi101
hi,
i'm currently a grade ten student i have previously completed three successful science fair projects that have taken me to the national level. the topics have been on the removal of hydrocarbons from diesel fuel contaminated soil using bioremediation and phytoremdiation. this year i want to start something new. i would like to get on the stage at the national level. i'm interested in optometry. the human eye fascinates me but i'm not sure where to start. the major problem i have is that its is expected of me to win once again the regional fair this year. its tough knowing i have to do so well because i don't want to let myself down or my friends and family. a second problem i have is i live in a small northern community where there are very few resources. the closest city is a two and a half hour drive. if someone could help me out as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

The encyclopedia url:
[url]http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/science_fair_projects_encyclopedia/Human_eye[/url]
has a section on different disorders of the eye.

Perhaps you can investigate one of those disorders, provide a survey of the causes, current treatment options, and suggest possible alternative solutions.

One interesting "virtual" project:-
[url]http://www.alumni.ca/~carewij/[/url]

Hey, as far as expectations, I would say the #1 thing you need to do is to not be too hard on yourself. The fact that you've won in the past means that you have ability. Give it your best shot but I think it's more important that you learn something from this process AND have fun in the process. Even if you don't "win" it's OK.

That being said, I hope you win!

minnie30567746 10-30-2005 04:53 PM

Cool

That is a cool site, the one about blindness and all of that! Great idea! As ScienceIsCool said, winning isn't everything. If everyone were to win every contest, it would be pretty dull. No spirit of competition. Just try your best!

Mad Scientist 11-02-2005 08:49 AM

Focus on the project, not winning

I agree with ScienceisCool. You must focus on the project/problem - it must truly fascinate you, and you must enjoy the process of testing your hypothesis. The judges will appreciate your sincere desire to know the answers to your questoins, and if you get the process right (as you've done before), you will be a winner in every way. So yes, don't be too hard on yourself.

scifi101 11-04-2005 03:59 PM

Thank You!

Thanks for the support. i have to keep thinking that way, try to be positive.

allaisgod82 11-11-2005 02:05 PM

Hello!

I am only in 7th grade, so it might not be of help to you. But have you heard of the Magic Eye pictures? When you converge and diverge your eyes, you see 3-d pictures? Well, I suggest you test something about that. Those pictures have always interested me. Perhaps you could test how fast differnet people see the image.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, go ahead to [url]www.magiceye.com[/url].

Hope it helps! If you do a project like that, please message me or email me at [email]allaisgod82@mugglenet.com[/email]!!! I would be really interested to hear about it!

-Alla

minnie30567746 11-24-2005 08:11 PM

Alla

That is an excellent idea, magic eyes are a lot of fun, and the science behind how they are made is phenomonal! Great job!

monster1016 12-29-2005 07:44 PM

some science project ideas

The effects of fat has on freezing milk

Which kind of frozen liquid would melt the quickest?

The Effect of Different Fertilizers on the Growth Rate of

What is the best way of cleaning water? (distillation, filtering with coffee filter, filtering with , and filtering with paper towel)

vintage-angel 01-05-2006 01:47 PM

i did a project on peripheral vision it got me to the regionals, my question was what is the easiest to see with pereipheral vision, colors shapes orletters good luck :)