All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   High School Science Fair Project Ideas (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   HELP ME!! and QUICK!! (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=928)

pure_angel6 12-27-2005 09:12 AM

grade 10 project - chemistry - something like the affect of drugs or caffeine

:( i need a science fair project that has to do with chemistry, for grade 10, i hav a very critical and mean teacher, so ill b eternaly gratefull to any1 wholl help me escape his wrath!!

boring_sister 12-27-2005 11:59 PM

it's in biology

drug effects or caffeine are studied in biology...
why don't you study or do a project about acids or anything
how about making a nitric acid less dangerous or several acids that affect the growth of plants

SmartyC 12-28-2005 10:45 AM

make salt!!

YOU WILL NEED:
Hydrochloric acid
50 mL graduated cylinder
100 mL beaker
distilled water
phenolphthalein solution in a dropper bottle
sodium hydroxide
glass stirring rod
2 eyeroppers
evaporating dish
magnifying lens

PROCEDURE
1. Put on you gloves. Measure 25mL of hydrochloric acid in a graduated cylinder, then pour it into the beaker. be careful when you rinse the graduated cylinder with distilled water to claen out any leftover acid.
CAUTION: If it spills on you immediately flush the area with water.

2. Add three drops of phenolpthalein indicator to the acid in the baeker. You will not see any thing yet.

3. Maesure 20mL of sodium hydroxide (base) in the graduated cylinder and add it slowly to the beaker with the acid. Use the stirring rod to mix the substance completely.
CAUTION: Sodium hydroxide is also corrosive if it spills wash with water.

4. Use an eyedropper to add more bas to the acid-base mixture in the beaker a few drops at a time. Be sure to stir the mixture after each few drops. Contiue adding drops of base until the mixture remains olored after stirring

5. Use another eyedropper to add acid to the beaker, ne drop at a tme, until the color just disappears after stirring

6. Pour the mixture carefully into an evaporating dish and place the dish where it can evaporate over night.

7. The next day there should be crystals so examie them with a magnifiying glass.

P.S. I did this project a month ago and it cost me a pretty penny.:)

Aaron 01-04-2006 09:10 PM

dang

:cool: dang smarty you sure no your stuff:cool:

ekboinc5106 01-10-2006 09:30 AM

Help PLEASE!!!!!!!!

i NEED Some ideas for a vey cool science project that will interest people my age and still be good enoug to win the science fair Please help:confused: :)

science ace #1 01-13-2006 12:51 PM

sure...

here are some ideas for you!!

Does the color of light affect plant growth?

Which kind of cleaner removes ink stains best?

Does warm water freeze faster than cool water?

Do bigger seeds produce bigger plants?

i dunno if these projects are your level, but i tried my best.
pm me for further information.

luv 2 help! :)