All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Physics (Grades K-5) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rocket Design (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1989)

Benj 06-05-2006 05:00 PM

Rocket Design

I want to launch a rocket into a low orbit but I don't know how to design it. Please help!

minnie30567746 06-10-2006 03:26 PM

Well

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to try to put an attatchment on here. O.K., It is there. As you can see, to build a substantial model, you need all of these parts. The only thing I would say would be hard to get is a motor.

minnie30567746 06-10-2006 03:32 PM

The parts individually of a motor may not be as hard to retrieve, but you would have to put them together.
The oxidizer provides oxygen to drive the combustion chemical reaction. (Combustion, an oxidation reaction, is the combination of oxygen with some other substance.)
The fuel is the substance with actually "burns" (is oxidized). This reaction between the oxidizer and fuel generates gas and heat, which provides the motive power for the rocket.
The case keeps the motor together and under the correct pressure. Without pressure, the reaction will proceed too slowly and the fuel will burn without producing enough gas for efficient thrust. If the pressure gets too high, the motor will explode (CATO).
The nozzle directs the gas formed by the reaction out the back of the rocket. The nozzle is formed such that the gasses are accelerated as they pass through the nozzle and provide efficient thrust.

minnie30567746 06-10-2006 03:34 PM

The rest of the parts may be available at a local hardware store, or maybe in a rocketry kit. The website I found this information from had a lot about terms of launching rockets, and different things you need to know. One website I reccomend is flyrockets.com. It is about rocketry.

science today 06-12-2006 03:58 PM

Help please.

Please would u help me to build a working model of an airoplane.

Spartan 117 06-22-2006 08:31 AM

Low Orbit

Unfortunately, the only way to get a model rocket into low orbit is to have an O class motor, even as high as an R class. To use these engines, you must be a certain age(18 or 21 I think) and be certified for usage. The engines aren't cheap either.

michael 06-28-2006 06:59 AM

Ya spartan is right and yet you will have to use multiple stages! and you take it as high as possible! because near the earth you will have to speed it up to about 8-7 km/s! ya look at this picture: don't think of the space shutle but an ordinary rocket
http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/..._profile_2.jpg
ya i could have inserted a simpler picture from my computer but i couldnt find a way

minnie30567746 06-29-2006 09:32 AM

micheal, could I please ask that you shrink your signatuere? It is a little big.

michael 07-03-2006 08:37 AM

i got it!

hey i was thinking about it and i have searched through google and found many usefull sites one is [url]www.nakka-rocketry.net[/url] the outhor of the site does wonders! he makes a sugar propelants so downloading his spread sheets and others from other sites, i have concluded that you have to use 5 stages in order to get it into 150 km orbit(the current height is 116km) the first stage will propel it upto 143 km and the rest will provide the nesesary velocity
i have plans of making a motor(1) that will provide 52% of full N type!
if I use 5 of them my rocket will be ~ 38 KG! quite heavy(one motor is~7.6 kg
with oll the payload etc. the weight will reach ~42 kg i dono but i have plans of making IT!:zip: :angel: :star: :D :eek: :)

michael 07-06-2006 09:00 AM

minnie could you please tell me the site which you used? i need it badly!?