All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Simple Projects (Grades K-5) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Which brand of bubblegum lasts longer-hubba bubba, or bubblicious? (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467)

$*MGBubbles*$ 10-29-2005 01:42 PM

Which brand of bubblegum lasts longer-hubba bubba, or bubblicious?

I need help in my science project. I dont know where to research for the differences that the two types of bubblegums have. My teacher says that first I have to do a research to find out a hypothesis. My hypothesis has to be like this: If ________ <I dont know what to write ,Then,<I also dont know what to write! :(

ScienceIsCool 10-29-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $*MGBubbles*$
I need help in my science project. I dont know where to research for the differences that the two types of bubblegums have. My teacher says that first I have to do a research to find out a hypothesis. My hypothesis has to be like this: If ________ <I dont know what to write ,Then,<I also dont know what to write! :(

Hi MGBubbles

Your hypothesis could be
If the bubble gum has more X content, then it lasts longer

You should go to the store and look at the main contents of the 2 bubble gum brands you mentioned. Then make a list of the contents you want to investigate. For example, one possibility to investigate is sugar.

Hence, "If the bubble gum has more *sugar* then it lasts longer"

You should research and try to figure out which is the main ingredient of bubble gum that makes it last longer. It may not be sugar. It may be some additive for example.

ALl the best.

minnie30567746 10-30-2005 02:44 AM

Yes

A way to find this out is to chew a piece of gum for as long as you can until there is no flavor left. Then compare the ingredients, likw scienceiscool said, and see which has the most of what in it. Your hypothesis could look somewhat like this:
Which brand has the longest lasting flavor, and do the ingredients have an impact on how long the gum stays.
Or something like that :p I can't really write hypothesises well. But remember to keep your mind open to any ideas!Good luck.

SCIENCE FREAK GIRL 12-02-2005 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=minnie30567746]A way to find this out is to chew a piece of gum for as long as you can until there is no flavor left. Then compare the ingredients, likw scienceiscool said, and see which has the most of what in it. Your hypothesis could look somewhat like this:
Which brand has the longest lasting flavor, and do the ingredients have an impact on how long the gum stays.
Or something like that :p I can't really write hypothesises well. But remember to keep your mind open to any ideas!Good luck!

[PHP]SCIENCE FREAK GIRL[/PHP] ALWAYS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ITS THE BEST THING TO DO. :) ;) :D.

jonnybob 3498* 01-08-2006 02:59 PM

witch gum lasts longer

bubblicious

imlikelost 01-10-2006 03:27 PM

um

i don't think that ur supposed to mention names of the brands. and lots of people have done this and it comes out diff every time. try to have different people do it. that might help.

satfire311 01-10-2006 04:17 PM

gum

I think that it might also have to do with how old the gum is.

hotcurry 01-13-2006 01:14 PM

Does this project provide any numerical data? This sounds more of a survey than a project.

123456789 01-12-2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $*MGBubbles*$ (Post 1960)

its best to google search it my friend has the same problem:star::star::D:D

smartness 01-29-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $*MGBubbles*$ (Post 1960)

(smartness) i think i can help why don't you just forget it do another project!! beacuse guess what NO BODY CARES which brand of bubblegum lasts longer, OKAY!! gosh your such a retard!! well gotta go talk to you soon!!your best friend (smartness)