All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Biology (Grade 6-8) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Creativity Needed!! (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593)

Oh look a castle! 11-16-2005 05:59 PM

Creativity Needed!!

:eek: AAAAHHHH! I need an idea for a sciece fair project in two days and I can't think of anything. I want something creative that has to do with goldfish or plants or something. I seem to be to picky but I just don't want mine to be same old same old. Any creative ideas?? :eek:

__________________________________________________ _______________

When I was said "we" officer, I was refferring to myself, the three young ladies, and of course, the goat.

Mad Scientist 11-16-2005 09:41 PM

Gold Fish science project

Assuming you're allowed to use live specimens of fish for your project, you could examine their reaction to different types of music - eg: Gold fish are more active when exposed to rock music ... how bout that one.. creative enough for you?

It will be simple to do...You will just need an aquarium, with a a few gold fish, a stereo, and if you prefer, a video camera to record their reaction.

Oh look a castle! 11-17-2005 04:54 AM

Thank you! That;s a great one! Will they really be able to hear the music?

minnie30567746 11-17-2005 02:28 PM

If they do hear it, they may have a reaction. If they cannot, I would guess that they

If they do hear it, they may have a reaction. If they cannot, I would guess that they would stay the same.:) Good Luck

Oh look a castle! 11-17-2005 03:29 PM

I was thinking about it and I thought that they might not hear it but the sound waves might affect the water in some way to disturb it, particularly music with more bass in it. I was just still wondering though what behaivor to watch out for. Eating Habits, behavior, sleep? I was planning to have 1 goldfish without music and a couple with different kinds. Maybe I could suspend the speaker above the bowl for more effect. What do you think? :p

Mad Scientist 11-17-2005 04:41 PM

Gold fish science project

Well, try various locations for the speaker - above, under, at the side.

Try to watch for activity like how much the fish swim around, whether their mouths/eyes open or close more quickly etc...

I'm moving this thread to the 6-8 Grade Biology section - let me know if you're in a different grade so I can move you to the appropriate section. We're in the process of improving our forums so bear with us! :)

Oh look a castle! 11-17-2005 05:19 PM

No, I'm in sixth grade! By the way, thank you so much for helping me!

minnie30567746 11-23-2005 06:33 PM

Hmmm

I may be wrong about this, but isn't it difficult to tell when fish are sleeping?