All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Biology (Grades K-5) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Subliminal Messages (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272)

uhohsirensxx 10-04-2005 08:43 PM

Subliminal Messages

Any ideas on how to conduct an experiment on subliminal messages?

Mad Scientist 10-05-2005 03:00 AM

Subliminal Message Science Project

[url]http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274[/url]

See the above discussion

wisteria 10-09-2005 05:34 AM

just quoting

what is subliminal messages?

Mad Scientist 10-09-2005 09:21 AM

Subliminal Messages

They are messages that are not visible to the human eye - but our brain can somehow intercept (see) these messages. For example, a subliminal message could be a sentence that reads "Drink lots of Cola" - and this message can be hidden in a movie clip or advertisement...

Archenemy550 10-09-2005 09:29 AM

yea. There have been no experiments proving that a buyer will not sway to one side when hearing a subliminal messages, or not. But then again, why do companies spend millions/billions to finance subliminal messages if they are said to not work?

Like, the music in the department store is supposed to have subliminal messages to. Telling you to buy more.

Good luck with your project! If you need any info, I can try to find some. I could also ask my AP Psychology teacher... as he Majored in Psychology. :)

brainygirl 10-09-2005 12:11 PM

subminimal messages

In my opinion, i think that susbliminal messages are "messages behind the message " as Mad Scientist described before subliminimal mesages are not visible to the human eye, no doubt that many people wiil beleive it doest exist because it is not visible , then again as Archenmy550 implied the example about advertising " I think that you should have your project about " The effect of subminimal messages on the mind?

Good luck! :)

I'll send some ideas later on how you can do your experiment , but i have to go now . Later.

ScienceIsCool 10-09-2005 06:45 PM

This is a very interesting project.

The advertizing business is HUGE. Advertizing itself is not necessary subliminal. It tries to impress upon the human mind that a certain product, style, way of life is desirable. It does so by images, music etc.

Subliminal usually refers to actual visual or audio messages that are hidden and played/displayed in a way that is not immediately noticeable. For example, playing a message "you like to drink X" very very slowly and simultaneously with the regular advertisement music.

I doubt you'll be able to prove anything in your project - but you might be able to do a more statistical based research project examining "the effect of advertising on human behavior/choices" etc.

Do have a little chat with your teacher to find out what s/he thinks.

wisteria 10-09-2005 11:22 PM

just trying to help

:) Now I get it well you can make on yourself and see what opinion they say the meeage is about.

Fact: some subliminal messages are weird and you don't know what they are saying until you tell them the brand if it is popular people will know if not :( they cna't get the mesage across. :(

hope it helps a bit.....

sciencefreak 10-11-2005 01:40 AM

i wasn't so sure... will this be a sublimable message????

The human brain has the capacity to comprehend words which have all the letters mixed up except the first and the last.Isn't that amazing. Try it out.....

How mnay icsents lvie in yuor bdkacyrad?
Auobt 2000 in eevry srauqe yrad of siol. If you dug up 1 saqrue mlie of lnad, you'd fnid mroe tahn fvie and one hlaf blliion itcesns. Taht is auobt the ttoal nmuebr of ploepe in the wohle wrold! Sicneitsts say itcesns out nbumer ppleoe one mlliion to one!

wisteria 10-14-2005 07:46 AM

I agree with you sciencefreak with that weird message ;) I can read it fine...