All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chemistry (Grades K-5) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need ideas for a science project (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481)

Enderless 10-31-2005 01:26 PM

Need ideas for a science project

HI everyone, I'm planing to do a chemistry science project, and don't know where to begin. I'm highly interested in doing something about chromatography or on Cherenkov radiation. Does anyone know any good ideas relating to these? The project idea I'm seeking for is a high school level project. I hope that someone could help me think of a good idea, maybe one that will ensure me of wining the science fair :)

wisteria 11-02-2005 03:52 AM

well have u tried the web index? and I'm not too good at this stuff maybe archenemy 550 my have some ideas or the mad scientist...

Mad Scientist 11-02-2005 08:22 AM

Cherenkov radiation

Hmm, interesting - Cherenkov radiation eh? Would you have access to the necessary equipment such as a particle accelerator?

Ender_less 11-02-2005 03:03 PM

@Mad Scientist

Yes I do, in a laboratory I'm currently researching in. I have a numerous amount of ideas I could use, but i beleive that not much of them are of good quantity use for a project. Mad Scientist, do you have a good idea to introduce?

And one thing about chromatography too :)
I find it quite interesting, however, much projects involving chromatography are quite too unchallenging. Is there a special idea about chromatography that anyone could help contribute? :D

batista 11-03-2005 02:42 PM

mad scientist please help

i need to do a project on chemestry and i dont know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

batista 11-03-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
Hmm, interesting - Cherenkov radiation eh? Would you have access to the necessary equipment such as a particle accelerator?

i need help

chemical jon 01-23-2006 02:18 PM

i know right

HI everyone, I'm planing to do a chemistry science project, and don't know where to begin. I'm highly interested in doing something about chromatography or on Chemical reactions. Does anyone know any good ideas relating to these? The project idea I'm seeking for is a high school level project. I hope that someone could help me think of a good idea, maybe one that will ensure me of wining the science fair .:confused:
help me please

dreamerofeternity 03-05-2006 03:19 PM

Recently, so many people have been asking for a project idea that would help him win the science fair. Well, no means to put anyone down, but the ones that win the science fair are the most original. You can't ask someone to give you an idea and attempt to win the fair with that. Try finding a topic that you're interested in and understand it. Develop your own project, then ask us for fine tuning to the procedures. But if you're going to ask us for a topic, chances are you're not going to win the fair. But it's good that you're aspiring to win the fair. Why don't you try to look at something interesting and doable, then develop an experiment? Or look at a previous experiment and test for another variable. DON'T take someone else's science project step by step, word for word, and expect to win the fair if it's overdone, simple, and you haven't put any creativity into it.

All Knowing 03-31-2006 06:21 AM

wow

:) Not meaning to complain but.............................ender your posting in a k-5th grade level and should be posting in chemistry 9-12. Batista you need to start a new thread and in your grade level. To post a thread go to the screen before this and click post thread, starts a new subject for you.:) :D :cool: :) :D :cool: :) :D :cool:

dreamerofeternity 04-01-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemical jon
HI everyone, I'm planing to do a chemistry science project, and don't know where to begin. I'm highly interested in doing something about chromatography or on Chemical reactions. Does anyone know any good ideas relating to these? The project idea I'm seeking for is a high school level project. I hope that someone could help me think of a good idea, maybe one that will ensure me of wining the science fair .:confused:
help me please

Chromatography? There's a standard AP Bio experiment of taking out the pigment in a leaf and separating the green pigment into xanophyll, the two chlorophylls, and another pigment (forgot it's name...). You might want to try that.

As for chemical reactions, there's another standard AP bio experiment of the effect of calatase on the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide.

I'd suggest you to go to the library and find an AP bio review book. There's always a section about the two labs I've mentioned to you, probably around the middle to back of the book. Read up on these two experiments. Or, if you're strong in science and would like to design your own experiment, research some more on pigments or enzymes, and design your own.

Good luck