All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Middle School Science Fair Project Ideas (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Creative Ideas (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2137)

Neil 08-19-2006 09:40 AM

Creative Ideas

I'm looking for advanced ideas relating to aeronautics, engineering, electronics, physics, real science as I call it. :cool:

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Neil 08-21-2006 04:14 PM

Please!

Please assist! I really need this soon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It just needs to do with Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, or just suggest anything! :confused:

minnie30567746 08-22-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
I'm looking for advanced ideas relating to aeronautics, engineering, electronics, physics, real science as I call it. :cool:

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you would like to do electronics, you could build a parrt or whole computer. I know, itr sounds very massive, but if you only want to build a part, you could build a mouse. It is very simple, not too complex, and you could leave to bottom off to show how it works.

If you want to do this, a book I reccomend is How Computers Work. It is a book that shows almost any component of a computer that you could think of, and it tells how it works. I can get the author of it too, if this sounds interesting to you.

Neil 08-22-2006 03:41 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for replying but I need a "question" to begin the project. Such as my project last year:

"Does the Intensity of Light Affect the Power Output of Solar Cells?"

What would be a "question" that would relate to the building of hardware?

I'm also wondering if anybody has any ideas relating to lasers, environmental technology, hydrogen fuel technology, or water purification.

Please help! :confused2:

minnie30567746 08-23-2006 08:21 PM

YOu could ask many questions. One could be

Is a laser mouse more reliable than an (I can't remember the word, just the ones with the ball in the bottom) older mouse.

To experiment with this, you could preform a series of tests with the two types of mice (I assume you have a computer, if not, tell me). The only demeaning factor would be the cost. Depending on what kind of mouse you have for your computer, it might not be as costly, because if you already have a laser on, you could probably get an older one with the ball in it for a small amount at a thrift store or refurbished electronics. Keep in mind, that would factor into your experiment, the age of the electronic you are testing.

A sample test could be timing how long it takes for a right click to show up. This could be timed with a stopwatch, although you would have to be very quick!!!! This would tell you which one has a faster wire connection.

Again, I am just giving you a few ideas. Keep in mind that there is a very big electronics world out there, so don't be shy to explore any aspect of it!

Neil 08-24-2006 10:20 AM

Thanks, but...

Thanks, but I don't think that would be a good question because it is obvious that a laser would travel faster than the traditional wire system. Unless it is a fiber-optic cable, which I don't think is available. Thanks...

I have some ideas already; I'm just looking for something amazingly awesome :D . So, if it's not that good, no need, thanks anyway!

purpl_dazee 09-04-2006 05:33 PM

maybe you should make your topic on how stars twinkle.