All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Most Popular Discussions (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Egg drop project (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36)

jazzdancer 10-30-2006 07:07 AM

Egg drop

i am in the 8th grade :) and i am doing somthing simular exept 4 mine th rules are the egg cannot be boild it has to be just a regular egg it will be dropped from at least 12 meters high on to conrete u MaY NOT use foam or commercial packing material or like objects and no parachutes i can only use no more than 1 meter of tape and one meter of string (each) total it must fit inside a box 12.5 cm on each side the materials must be scrap and after each drop the egg has to be able to be inspected after each drop and you cannot take very long to get it out :eek:

I dont know what to do can someone please help me come up
with a few :lightbulb: ideas :confused2::confused:

jazzdancer 10-30-2006 07:23 AM

i need help!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzdancer
i am in the 8th grade :) and i am doing somthing simular exept 4 mine th rules are the egg cannot be boild it has to be just a regular egg it will be dropped from at least 12 meters high on to conrete u MaY NOT use foam or commercial packing material or like objects and no parachutes i can only use no more than 1 meter of tape and one meter of string (each) total it must fit inside a box 12.5 cm on each side the materials must be scrap and after each drop the egg has to be able to be inspected after each drop and you cannot take very long to get it out :eek:

please help me someone!!!

blink44 11-01-2006 05:22 PM

hey jaszzdancer! i just did the same project. for mine i popped a bag of popcorn.. and just placed my egg in the middle.

-pop a bag of popcorn
-pour out about half..
-then place your egg in the middle
-pour the rest in
-tie the bag with a rubberband

i was soo surprized when i saw opened my bag up and pulled out my raw egg..
no dents. no cracks.. a liitle bit of butter. but thats it =)

All Knowing 03-05-2007 01:11 PM

Wow that is a great idea, but risky. If you were to drop it and accidently shake it a litle and it got off place because egg is heavy. You could have easily lost the egg! But good ide, smart!:) :mad: :D :( :p :o :confused: ;) :rolleyes: :cool:

midgetdolphin 09-02-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzdancer (Post 11192)

well in 6th grade i did that i used cottonballs and it barely cracked but waterballoons work i think and cottonballs work too if you tighten them enough.i used a disposable cube thing and it worked fine
by the time you get this it will probly be too late tho

joshua kidd 10-27-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scientist (Post 77)
Hi!

Im in fifth grade and I'm doing the egg drop project. What hieght should I use?

Hector

I think you should use eight feet because it is a very irregular height