All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food Science (Grades 6-8) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   If You Need Help Ask Me (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1164)

Grinner 01-15-2006 06:46 AM

If You Need Help Ask Me

Hello everyone i just wanted to tell you that if anyone needs any help im here
just post a reply and ill get back to you asap.!

Kevin21 01-17-2006 06:53 PM

I posted this up already but i reallyneed to know this in less than 2 days because thats when we have to start them in class. I'm thinking of doing a project that demonstrates and shows how the glasses work with your eyes to make your eyesight better so would you think this is a good project to do for a middle schooler?

Edit: ummm oopz rong Area

Grinner 01-18-2006 01:08 PM

Would you still like my help??

Kevin21 01-18-2006 04:39 PM

YESSS for sure :D

qgh 01-19-2006 07:32 AM

:lightbulb: :angel: can you gimme any names of some name brand and generic cereal

brit2 01-19-2006 07:39 AM

:confused: I cant find anything good on taste and smell!! HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!:eek: :angel:

dreamerofeternity 01-21-2006 07:23 PM

Taste and smell are all sensors of the chemicals/substances inside the food you eat.

But taste buds (the groups of sensors on your tongue connected to nerve endings) are different from the nerve sensors in your nose. Your taste buds can only discern a few basic tastes--bitter, sour, sweet, salty, spicy...you get the point. Well, the nose is extremely sensitive to many many different odors. It has many different types of sensors. (I forgot the exact number, but it's one of those 500,000 type numbers, and the dog is something like the 1.2 million type number.) You can try identifying the position of the different taste buds on the tongue. The sour taste buds are on the back, the front, the tip, the left, or the right side of the tongue? What about the sweet, the spicy, and bitter...etc?

imlikelost 01-27-2006 03:49 PM

ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by brit2
:confused: I cant find anything good on taste and smell!! HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!:eek: :angel:

you could do a relationship between the 2. like when your nose is plugged, can u identify foods as easily as without it being plugged.

dreamerofeternity 01-27-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlikelost
you could do a relationship between the 2. like when your nose is plugged, can u identify foods as easily as without it being plugged.

Good idea! Though just a warning, check with your school that using human subjects are okay. Recently, there have been so many regulations revolved around using human subjects, even if it is a survey.

Also, you'll need to test a lot of people to get accurate results. Not just five or ten. At least twenty. You should get a lot of different types of foods as well. Afterwards, try using graphs to represent your data, so it'll be easier for you and others to interpret.

forensic 07-06-2006 07:21 PM

hi some tips pls..

im an older brother which my second year high school sister wanted to do a investigatory pproject out of a herbal plant.. she wanted to do it in a minimal expenses that she may able to do it out of indigeneous material...however her problem make me hook about it to help her..her problem is that the process and materials to do it...She had able to make it in crude by heating it ;) ...While this plant is good for healing a wund,,she need to make it solid out of a capsule...pls help me just send at [email]mcgong2000@yahoo.com[/email]. have a nice day...:)..michael