All Science Fair Projects

All Science Fair Projects (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/index.php)
-   Physics (Grades K-5) (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   I need help with my project. Please help. (http://classroom.all-science-fair-projects.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532)

huharai 11-07-2005 09:12 AM

Can people feel color? PLEASE HELP!

My question is Can people feel color? I just need some site with good info on it. I can't seem to find anything. Any and all help is much appriciated. Thanks.

@~~;~~~

BroadwayBaby 11-07-2005 06:47 PM

RE; Can people feel color.

I've got some ideas!

First-

Narrow your experiment down to a small group of people such as elementary school children, 5th graders, seniors in high school etc.

Second -

Have your subjects look at a color and write down how it makes them feel

Third-

Put a blind fold on your subjects and have them touch a color and write down how they feel

Fourth -
Compare and contrast answers and repeat!

Hope your experiment goes well!

P.S. I think this experiment would fit better under biology or miscellienious, not physics! :)

Oscar Ramirez Ch. 11-08-2005 04:18 PM

Hi Huharai.

How about if people can taste the colors.
If they can taste them…they can have a feeling of sour, sweet, etc.
How about if you relate colrs to fruit or vegetables. Have people to taste them and get their response. Or, better yet., mix/blend some fruits and vegetables with same color and taste them and see what happens.

Also you can drive your experiment in a manner where you can collect data and put it in groups!!! Results of people of age 5-10…11-15…16-20.. etc.
Also, who’s is more sensible…men or women….
You can build a lot of charts a come up with interesting results and conclusions.

It is crazy, but at least you will have lots of fun.

Best regards

Oscar.

Mad Scientist 11-09-2005 01:37 AM

Tasting color

Hmm...sounds very interesting. What do you mean exactly by "tasting" color Oscar? Are you referring to different food coloring?

Oscar Ramirez Ch. 11-10-2005 06:28 PM

Dear Mad

What I am trying to say is that you can find any color in a specific fruit or vegetables.
So, if your are trying to find out if you can “feel” colors, why don’t you taste a fruit or a vegetable that is orange, red, black brown, etc.

I am trying just to relate color with taste because maybe you can translate a fruit or vegetable sour or sweet taste in to a “feeling”.

I know that this is crazy and absurd. But it is just a thought

I know that color is due to the length of wave of light. If we humans are made of matter (constituted by the elemental particles) then we have a personal frequency……thus, maybe when we see a color and “feel good” is because our frequency and the color’s frequency are the same and our heart starts jumping because of the resonance as a result of the superposition of the frequencies….

I think that this is double the crazy than the last idea of mine.

Mmmm…maybe I should quit the forums. I don’t want to confuse anybody. (Just kidding….I’ll try to do my best in helping others…in a non-crazy way)

See you soon.

Oscar