PDA

View Full Version : how to build a working model of maglev train?

kartikthegreat2003
07-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi, I am Kartik from India.I want to build a magnetic train model for our college science exhibition. Give me an idea or any internet link.I am preferrably looking for electromagnetic train. :confused:

Mad Scientist
07-30-2005, 10:30 AM
I've got the perfect project for you. Checkout http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/project422_89.html

What grade/level are you in? If you think this is too difficult, let me know and I'll point you towards an easier project.

Think you could let us know how your project progresses? Perhaps you could consider posting your project description, hypothesis, observations etc on this forum - and I'll give you my comments on how you might be able to improve upon it?
:)

wisteria
08-22-2005, 05:00 AM
why don't u go to http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/ or have you been? nice being friends with you are u realy from Inda?
I'm from Australia Sydney. 15year old no kidding.

WISTERIA
(>.<)

ravi
08-24-2005, 02:00 AM
Hi, I am Kartik from India.I want to build a magnetic train model for our college science exhibition. Give me an idea or any internet link.I am preferrably looking for electromagnetic train. :confused:
hi kartik , am ravi from india am also going to do magnetic levitation project. am a final year student of electical engineering. going to submit a project on last semester . plz suggest me how to do and if any soft copies u have plz send to me .am waiting for the reply
myid is raviroyal4u@yahoo.co.in.

VISHWANATH
10-14-2005, 01:28 AM
i B.Vishwanath, final year engineering student , I want to construct a prototype model of maglev train. i need your assitance for implimenting the working model. kindly speciefy the relavent websites where i can get useful information, please send suggestions to my e-mail Id : INNOVATION_25@YAHOO.com

wisteria
10-14-2005, 09:17 AM
i don't understand this topic? what are you guys talking about? :confused:

Tamthebest
10-14-2005, 09:59 AM
I am impressed that such an experiment would work!!!

wisteria
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
well I learnt that some reality trains like speed trains con't run on tracts they run on magnets opposite ploes but the thing i'm confused :confused: is that how do they push forward? :confused:

patel66
11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
PLEASE, i need help A.S.A.P i am building a model maglev train. i nedd instruction on how to build a maglev train that works. The instructions must tell how to build the train and the train must be levitated and propelled by magnets. please help email any instructions to shaneal_patel@hotmail.com. :) :) :) :)

catwood
11-13-2005, 08:11 PM
I am also very interested in building a maglev. I was thinking about cutting an oval from a piece of plywood, staple-gunning cardboard sides on it for walls, lining the bottom with magnets and that would be the track. you could attatch another few magnets on a piece of clear plastic for a little car to push around.
For propulsion i was thinking about attatching a little fan (like from a computer) to the back of the car powered by a small battery.

Mad Scientist
11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
However, you might need a pretty long train of magnets, plus, the track probably needs to have a hemispherical cross-section to ensure that there's magnetic repelling from the sides (to keep the train on the "track"). A computer CPU fan would do the trick of propelling it forward - good thinking.

PS: If you don't mind, I deleted the link to the magnet sales page, as we don't allow direct linking to online stores or links of a commercial nature in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

Sciprojdad
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
My son would like to build a maglev train for a 5th grade science project. Is it easy to build the aluminum track and is it relatively easy to put a computer fan on back?

Jeezylovescience
02-21-2006, 06:10 AM
:cool: Every thing would be easy except putting a computer fan on the back. But if you sit and think for a while there would be nothing to it. Good Luck!!!!

siddhantmutha
07-12-2006, 09:05 AM
However, you might need a pretty long train of magnets, plus, the track probably needs to have a hemispherical cross-section to ensure that there's magnetic repelling from the sides (to keep the train on the "track"). A computer CPU fan would do the trick of propelling it forward - good thinking.

PS: If you don't mind, I deleted the link to the magnet sales page, as we don't allow direct linking to online stores or links of a commercial nature in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

Hello
Can anyone tell me where would i get magnets in aurangabad(maharashtra,india)?
please.........

email: siddhantmutha@gmail.com
:confused: :confused: